[General] I think you will find some grammatical errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

eurekatoday

Member Type
Other
Can some help in correcting this letter :

I appreciate your consideration to my application during the years and I would like take this as an opportunity to share my thoughts and my new information. I am currently working in the capacity of project engineer in the oil and gas field and have been with the same organization for the last five years. My current involvement and application of engineering principles has already been recognized by many of my supervisors and colleagues. Unfortunately these recognitions and achievements are not in line with any of the areas listed in the attached letter.
I would also like to express my personal response and share my comment on the letter:
-The letter contents and the areas of concerns ‘in particular’ were surprising to me as it did not provide a single opportunity for me to start working on; based on my current position or my company’s field, so it became a barrier from the license instead of a guidance.
-The letter does not mention any credit apart from thanking me for taking the time. In fact it totally ignorers my varied experience as an engineer and my successful tackle to the many engineering problems I was asked about during the interview. I recall answering many questions (definitely more than the listed five areas) in many areas I had experienced in my beginning just as a junior engineer, such as U value calculations, glass tempering, HVAC loading parameters, plumbing designs etc. The interview questions were in many areas and went for more than three hours, and that somehow made it very difficult for both sides “compared to interviewing an engineer expert in one area”.
-The letter also does not consider or mention that I was not in possession of any projects material or notes from my previous jobs (i.e. answering and using formulas off the top of my head), as I had left all previous jobs related material in overseas when I decided to move to Alberta for a come back to the oil and gas industry.
I believe that I have presented good understanding to the engineering theories during the three hours interview and I had left some written answers to some questions on the interview table as I was requested.
On my compliance to your requirements also worth bringing to your attention that I have been asked to find and present my university final year project original copy (at some point in time before the interview) as a sample for any of my engineering work and it was returned back to me after it was accepted and satisfied the academic committee.
My wide range of professional experiences through my work career has actually impressed many of the engineers I have worked with. I now have more that 16 years experience in work of an engineering nature. My resume shows the diversity of my experience.
Please accept my apology for my late reply. I have only managed today to find a soft copy of the experience record I shared with you for the application purpose and also attached my current resume for your judging and evaluation.

Leandro-Z

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Argentina
Today 07:42eurekatodayI think you will find some grammatical errors
Can some help in correcting this letter :

I absolutely appreciate your consideration to my application during the years and I would like to [STRIKE]take this as an opportunity[/STRIKE] take advantage of this opportunity to share my [STRIKE]thoughts[/STRIKE] ideas and my new information. I am currently working in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] my capacity [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] as project engineer in the oil and gas field and have been with the same organi[STRIKE]z[/STRIKE]sation for the last five years. My [STRIKE]current[/STRIKE] actual involvement and application of engineering principles has already been recogni[STRIKE]z[/STRIKE]sed by many of my supervisors and colleagues. Unfortunately, these recognitions and achievements are not in line with any of the areas listed in the attached letter.
I would also like to express my personal response and share my comment on the letter:
-The letter contents and the areas of concerns ‘in particular’ [STRIKE]were surprising to me[/STRIKE] surprised me [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] since [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] they did not provide a single opportunity for me to start working on[STRIKE];[/STRIKE], based on my current position and my company[STRIKE]’s[/STRIKE] fields, so it has became a [STRIKE]barrier[/STRIKE] obstruction from the license instead of a guidance.
-The letter does not mention any credit apart from thanking me for taking the time. In fact, it totally ignorers my varied experience as an engineer and my successful tackle to the many engineering [STRIKE]problems[/STRIKE] tasks I was asked [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] for during the interview. I recall answering many questions (definitely more than the listed five areas) in many areas I [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] have experienced [STRIKE]in my beginning[/STRIKE] since I was just [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] a junior engineer, such as U value calculations, glass tempering, HVAC loading parameters, plumbing designs etc. The interview questions were in many areas and [STRIKE]went for[/STRIKE] lasted more than three hours[STRIKE], and [/STRIKE]. That somehow made it very difficult for both sides “compared to interviewing an engineer expert in one area”.
-The letter also does not consider or mention that I was not in possession of any projects material or notes from my previous jobs (i.e. answering and using formulas off the top of my head), as I had left all previous jobs related to material in overseas when I decided to move to Alberta for a come back to the oil and gas industry.
I believe that I have presented good understanding to the engineering theories during the three hours interview and I [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] have left some written answers to some questions on the interview table as I was requested.
On my compliance to your requirements also worth bringing to your attention that I have been asked to find and present my university final year project original copy (at some point in time before the interview) as a sample for any of my engineering [STRIKE]work[/STRIKE] tasks and it was returned [STRIKE]back[/STRIKE] to me after it [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] had been accepted and satisfied the academic committee.
My wide range of professional experiences through my work career has actually impressed many of the engineers I have worked with. [STRIKE]I now [/STRIKE] At the moment, I have more tha[STRIKE]t[/STRIKE]n 16 years of experience [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at work of an engineering nature. My resume shows the diversity of my experience.
Please accept my apology for my late reply. I have only managed today to find a soft copy of the experience record I shared with you for the application purpose and also attached my current resume for your judging and evaluation.

Those are all my corrections. The "s instead of z" preferences are due to my British English knowledge. It is okay if you send this letter with "s" to an American. However, if you send this letter to a British, it is like an insult to put "z".

I hope this will be of help, thank you in advance for considering my piece of advice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.