Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
South Africa, the hosting country for the ‘Football World Cup 2010’. On the opening ceremony the president of the country said South Africa’s time has come… It was really a proud moment for all its citizens. But what I have seen on the television, it really shattered my soul from inside. Just to attract tourism, they have this new offer – For Rs. 12 Lac you can hunt Lion. The visuals on the news channel really disturbed me and all animal lovers. South Africa has 25,000 Lions. They have captivated around 5,000 lions for this scheme. What is the fun in killing an animal? God knows, but I would like to request all animal activists to raise the voice against this brutality.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
South Africa, the host[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] country [STRIKE]for [/STRIKE] of the ‘Football World Cup 2010’. (Is this the title? If not, it's not a full sentence as it has no verb).

[STRIKE] On[/STRIKE]At the opening ceremony, the president of the country said South Africa’s time has come. It was a really [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] proud moment for all its citizens. But what I have seen on the television [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] really shattered my soul (you don't need "from inside").

Just to attract tourism (or tourists), they have this new offer – For Rs. 12 Lac you can hunt lions. The visuals on the news channel really disturbed me and all animal lovers. South Africa has 25,000 lions and they have
[STRIKE]captivated[/STRIKE] captured around 5,000 [STRIKE]lions[/STRIKE] of them for this scheme. What is the fun in killing an animal? God knows, but I would like to ask/implore all animal activists to raise their voices against this brutality.

See above.

Out of curiosity - is this true?!

Last edited:

Offroad

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Brazilian Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Men and their guns. Shameful.

They are a banch of cowards. I believe that's true, I have seen a lot of it. It's a pity authorities do doing to stop them.

Shame on them.

new2grammar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
See above.

Out of curiosity - is this true?!

Ya its true lots of news channels in India is covering this. In one of the scene, around six men were aiming gun at the lion. When one of the men shot at lion, he(lion) came runing towards this group and pounced on them, as a result two men fell falt on the ground and also the lion as he was already got one bullet inside his body. As lion ddint has much strength to fight with them, he ran back in the brushes and what happened later, you can image...

It's realy sad, by the time you reading this. God knows how many lions have been led to rest, by this stupid scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.