[General] how to a write a letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyasarang

Member Type
Other
how to write a letter against refund of payment, actually i pay excess payment (actualy amt 1021 but pay rs 2052) but now i take refund of balance amount

admiral

Member Type
Academic
Hi Satyasarang,

Your question is unclear. Also, you are not asking about an English language question but instead asking for help with phrasing a business letter.

I recommend that you ask a friend who speaks both your native language and English fluently to help you with this as it is a matter of money and you should make sure to express yourself clearly.

However, if I understand you correctly and you simply wish to demand a refund of the balance of 2052(amount paid)-1021(amount of the bill)=1031(amount you are owed as a refund), the following would work:

"I paid 2052 and the amount of the bill was 1021, therefore I have overpaid.
Please refund the balance owed to me of 1031. Thank you."

I still recommend getting someone truly bilingual to help you with this.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
How [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] should I write a letter against (or about?) refund of payment? [STRIKE]actually i pay excess payment[/STRIKE] I paid too much for something (actual [STRIKE]amt[/STRIKE] amount was Rs 1021 but I [STRIKE]pay[/STRIKE] paid Rs 2052) [STRIKE]but[/STRIKE] and now I [STRIKE]take [/STRIKE] want a refund of the balance. [STRIKE]amount[/STRIKE]

Please make an attempt to write the letter yourself first, and we will then comment/correct it. I have made some amendments to your original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.