Hind Guest

Default Any one help me with Sociolinguistics please

Greeting all
    I would like you please to help me regarding some information on Greeting all
    I would like you please to help me regarding some information on Sociolinguistics and it is relation to ESL teaching . I will be having an interview on this topic next week and any information will help . I also have some questions :
    1- What is Sociolinguistics and how it is related to ESL OR EFL teaching ?
    2- Any Teaching methods ?
    3- Any web sites or articles related to the topic?
    Thanks in advance

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Any one help me with Sociolinguistics please

Sociolinguistics is a huge area- all language has a social context, and the relationships within the societies using that language are generally complex. In ESL, there are the relationships among native speakers and the social aspects among the learners. There is a need to raise learners cultural sensitivity about the target language and also to take into account their culture. It's related to pretty much every area of ESL teaching

Hind Guest

Thank you tdol for your explanation . I would like to know please if you have an idea bout any web sites that contains some articles regarding the topic so that i can read through them . Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hind
    Thank you tdol for your explanation . I would like to know please if you have an idea bout any web sites that contains some articles regarding the topic so that i can read through them . Thanks again
    You may want to use Google to research your homework assignment, have a conversation with your teacher or class mates.

Hind Guest

Thank you twostep . in fact i did use GOOGLE and all I found were some links to web sites that are not very related to the topic . That is way I am asking the experts here to lead me to lead me to something more specific. thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hind
    Thank you twostep . in fact i did use GOOGLE and all I found were some links to web sites that are not very related to the topic . That is way I am asking the experts here to lead me to lead me to something more specific. thanks again
    Narrow your search down. Let me know if you need help with boolean operators.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like