Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I suppose this is how I got started on my present difficult career, innocently stepping onto the tightrope upon which I move painfully forward, unsure of reaching the end. In other words, I became an artist, if it is true that there is no art without refusal or consent.

Dear teacher,

The above is taken from the preface of a book, titled "the wrong side and the right side" by a famous writer, Camus , a Nobel winner. I have trouble with the bold part. Could you please tell me what it means in this case? Thanks.

LQZ
progress.gif

asdf1234

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
United States
I suppose this is how I got started on my present difficult career, innocently stepping onto the tightrope upon which I move painfully forward, unsure of reaching the end. In other words, I became an artist, if it is true that there is no art without refusal or consent.

Dear teacher,

The above is taken from the preface of a book, titled "the wrong side and the right side" by a famous writer, Camus , a Nobel winner. I have trouble with the bold part. Could you please tell me what it means in this case? Thanks.

LQZ
progress.gif

if it is true----- just tells the condition that could only occur because (there is art with refusal or consent)----- of how he became an artist.

that means, he became an artist because he believes that there is art if "he refused or gave consent"...

Status
Not open for further replies.