Can you correct these sentences,

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasser000

Member Type
Student or Learner
1- New Zealand is not such a wonderful society to live in for a new immigrant insofar as it is hard to fit in with people.

2-Asian societies treat their elderly better insofar as their children genuinely take care of them.

3- Women make better mangers than men insofar as their organizational skills are better than men.

4-My father was not a perfect father insofar as, although he takes me to the entertainment park every Sunday, he does not spend more time with us.

5- NZ is wonderful place to live in insofar as, although it is categorised as an expensive country, it has astonishing nuture.

6- I think Asian people are more determined to get employment than Westren people insofar as, if they have an opportunity of employment, they will achieve success in the given field.

7- Some communist countries control their citizens to the extent that people are unable to give their opinions in the field of policy.

8- Many people today are afraid of losing their jobs to the extent that they obey their mangers even they are wrong.

9- Overpopulation in the major cities of contries is causing overcrowding to the extent that people need at lesst two hours to go to work.

10- The young men and woment in Westrn countries are very independent of their parents to the extent that, if they reach the age of 20, they go to flatting.

11-The pollution problems of the world are becoming very serious in most mjor cities to the extent that, if nothing is done, people will die of lurg disearse.

12- Many of the southern hemisphere countries are experiencing much drier weather to the extent that it does nt rain for consective months.

Thinks

Last edited:

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
The word 'insofar a' is wrongly used in 1 - 6.
It means 'to the limit'.
They way you have used the word in the contexts makes it seem to mean 'so much so that' which is not correct.

yasser000

Member Type
Student or Learner
Thinks bro

So how can I use it.

Any one can correct them please?

yasser000

Member Type
Student or Learner
Re: persuasive essay writing

Guys I am really need a one who can help me with this

Status