Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Japan
Hi every body.I'm come from Vietnam.I'm a new member. Now I want to have a paragraph about topic :" A good friend".
Who can help me? Thank you very much!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi [STRIKE]every body[/STRIKE] everybody. I'm [STRIKE]come [/STRIKE]from Vietnam. I'm a new member. Now I [STRIKE]want[/STRIKE] would like to have a paragraph about topic :" A good friend".
Who can help me? Thank you very much!

Welcome to the forum. I have made a couple of small corrections to your first post.

I'm not sure what you mean about wanting a paragraph about a topic. Have you been asked to write a paragraph with the title "A good friend"? If so, please write a paragraph yourself first, post it here, and then we will be happy to comment.

hiepnguyenbg

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Japan
This is my paragraph;
"Sincerity and the help is an important characteristic of a good friend. A good friend is always honest with us. They also expect that in us. When we are sad, we can share with them. When we have fun ,too. Be shared, the sadness can be cut in half and the fun can double . That's wonderful. On the other hand, we can get help from our good friends. For example, when we lack money,we can borrow our friends. When we encounter difficult problems, we can ask them to explain. And many other examples.In short, a good friend will help us a lot with the best trust."
I hope anyone help me editing the paragraph.Thanks very much!

IHIVG

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
This is my paragraph;

"Sincerity and [STRIKE]the help[/STRIKE] helpfulness [STRIKE]is an[/STRIKE] are important characteristics of a good friend. A good friend is always honest with us. They also expect that in us. When we are sad, we can share our problems/sadness with them. When we have fun, [STRIKE]too[/STRIKE] it's also nice to have a friend to share it with. [STRIKE]Be shared, the sadness[/STRIKE] When shared with someone, sadness can be [STRIKE]cut in half [/STRIKE] halved and fun can be doubled . That's wonderful. On the other hand, ('On the other hand' is not a very good choice here; try 'besides', 'moreover', 'furthermore' or something else.) we can get help from our good friends. For example, when we lack money, we can borrow it from our friends. When we encounter difficult problems, we can ask them to explain ('ask them for advice'?) [STRIKE]And many other examples.[/STRIKE] In short, a good friend will help us a lot with the best trust. (not sure what it means.)
^

hiepnguyenbg

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Japan
Thank you.Who can help me choosing a good concluding sentence?
Thanks !

hiepnguyenbg

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Japan
My new concluding sentence:
"In summary, where there's no sincerity and helpfulness between friends, there's no true friendship"
Who can help me proofreading?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
My new concluding sentence:
"In summary, where there's no sincerity and helpfulness between friends, there's no true friendship"
Who can help me proofreading?
That's a good sentence.

hiepnguyenbg

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Japan
Hi everybody.Now,I hope anyone to help me proofread the paragraph below.The topic" Benefits of study abroad":

If you are being disturbed and hesitant about studying abroad, you will have regret because of the benefits it bring you. First, studying abroad is the best way for you to add a foreign language. No better and more efficient way is that you enjoy yourself in a country, a culture that you're learning their language. You will be surrounded by the language on a background that was wonderful. Your language can not not grow quickly in a situation that is so favorable. Besides, you will have the opportunity to travel in the holiday weekend and the extra-curricular activities.You will discover endless new things about a country that you may not have the opportunity to travel if your finance does not permit. Here is a good option for those who prefer to explore.Furthermore, you will have very many friends from all five continents. Then of course, you have many new friends not only in native country but also from all over, they go there as you study. This will help you live more friendly and open. Finally, studying abroad will help you change habits of learning and research. You will be acquainted with a new system of research and you will have the opportunity to reach new ways.It is a good opportunity for you to change the monotonous and tedious routine that you have to learn throughout the course. In short, what else do you hesitate to plan to study abroad for yourself?

Can anyone help you? Thanks a lot!:):-D

Last edited:

hiepnguyenbg

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Japan
Can anyone help me today?:?::?::?: