Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
when i talk about the game with myfriend, he ask me what do you about football game.I said for next game i look across G team becouse G team so easy to pass, Now i look ahead to next next game to play with A team.

look across and look ahead appropriate for this sentence or not

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

When I talked about the game with my friend, he asked me what
[STRIKE]do you[/STRIKE] I think about football [STRIKE]game[/STRIKE]. I said that for the next game I look across (I don't know if you mean you think that this team will win or lose so I can't suggest a phrase) [STRIKE]G team[/STRIKE] Team G because [STRIKE]G team[/STRIKE] Team G are so easy to pass. Now I am looking ahead (or forward) to the next [STRIKE]next[/STRIKE] game [STRIKE]to play with[/STRIKE] for [STRIKE]A team[/STRIKE] Team A.

look across and look ahead appropriate for this sentence or not

See above. I have made various corrections to your entire post. You need to take care with tenses and ensure that you always give the first person singular "I" a capital letter.

As far as "look across" is concerned - I don't know what you meant by it. Did you mean that you think that Team G will lose. If so, then perhaps you could say that you "overlook" Team G, as if to say you are going to ignore them completely because you don't think they'll win.

"Look ahead" can be used if you're perhaps saying that you are looking into the future and perhaps predicting the score of Team A's game. However, if you're excited about Team A's next game, then you would use "look forward to".

mooyong

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
See above. I have made various corrections to your entire post. You need to take care with tenses and ensure that you always give the first person singular "I" a capital letter.

As far as "look across" is concerned - I don't know what you meant by it. Did you mean that you think that Team G will lose. If so, then perhaps you could say that you "overlook" Team G, as if to say you are going to ignore them completely because you don't think they'll win.

"Look ahead" can be used if you're perhaps saying that you are looking into the future and perhaps predicting the score of Team A's game. However, if you're excited about Team A's next game, then you would use "look forward to".
Thank you emsr2d2.

In the following sentense I mean Team G will lose. So I could say I overlook Team G right?

Status
Not open for further replies.