Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Azerbaijani
Home Country
Azerbaijan
Current Location
Azerbaijan
hello i call it the most important question because it is my homework which variant must i choose? i looked...the window and saw him...street a)through,on b)from,at c)out of,in d)for,by e)at,on please help me to ask it it is ver very very important

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello. I call it the most important question because it is my homework. Which variant must I choose?

I looked ... the window and saw him ... street

a) through, on
b) from, at
c) out of, in
d) for, by
e) at, on

First, you will see from the forum rules at the top of the screen that you are asked not to ask us to do or help with your homework.

Secondly, when asking questions on the forum, you should always try to answer the question yourself first. Tell us which answer you think is correct and why. We can then comment and advise if appropriate.

I have made some corrections to your post. Please make sure you use capital letters at the beginning of sentences and with the first person singular "I" at all times.

sevas

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Azerbaijani
Home Country
Azerbaijan
Current Location
Azerbaijan
okay now it is not my homework as this has already passed (but it is the last day of school and unfortunatelly i could no to school that day and could not speak to my classmates then)i think c is true but can i use it so?i have never heard of such a phrase-to look out of the window please ask my question is my answer right?

sevas

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Azerbaijani
Home Country
Azerbaijan
Current Location
Azerbaijan
i am sorry for not reading the rules carefully and also sorry for not telling the truth it is really not my homework but i thought that if i rwrote it was my homework u would answer it faster i think c is right answer am i right?please answer my question

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I don't wish to make life difficult for you, but please take note of the point I made in my first post.

You need to make sure you use correct capitalisation in your posts. Please re-write your last post with capitalisation, especially ensuring that "I" is capitalised all the time.

You will get an answer to your question, but we prefer it if you actually post using the best written English possible and things like capitalisation and punctuation are vital, regardless of the actual content.

bertietheblue

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I would most likely say 'I looked out of the window', as I would 'I saw him in the street', and since you've got both of these in c), I would definitely go with that. Note, though, that I am British: I know AmEng usage of 'in/on' difffers when talking about streets. There was a thread about this a few weeks ago. I forget, but Gillnetter's answer suggests that 'on' is used in AmEng.

Status
Not open for further replies.