1. A barton is a large farm or farmyard.
2. To divine means to discover through insight (in the sense you used it).
3. An ornate fireplace (probably 19th century)
4. Drunk (Bacchus was the Greek god of fruit, especially fermented grapes)
5. She was a bit of a snob, for a farmer, and was shocked by behavior that an ordinary farm woman wouldn't be bothered by.
6. Body is a word used by tasters to describe the essential flavor of something. in your example body might mean alcoholic potency.
- For Teachers