Hello my dear masters,
May i ask you to help me with these terms...
I have seen them in movies and i want to know what do they Mean?...Any other term which has a meaning close to them?
1) I`m a man of few words,but those words will counts.
2) How you making out?
3) What`s your stand?
4) He has been sniffing around her.
5) Smart thinking.
6) We have been ratted out.
7) Did you do time together as children?
All the best.
1. My speech is pithy, succinct.
2. How are you doing (on this project)? Are you succeeding?
3. What is your position/attitude (on this issue)?
4. He is interested in her.
5. An intelligent decision.
6. We have been discovered?-- ('Ratted on' means informed upon / our secrets revealed.)
7. Did you go to prison together (as children?!)-- 'do time' means be inprisoned, but this must be a jocular use of the idiom: perhaps they went to the same rigid elementary school?