Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello,

It's so good that we can learn English from English-speaking teachers free.
Teachers here are ready to give us their knowledge and experience. Some students want to know how the feeling of a teacher is when he or she is asked to answer the students' questions. Are they feeling of superior to the students, or not, they would prefer showing modesty?
Here is my question too and I would appreciate any honest answer which can be produced by the teachers!

Do you mind editing my passage?

Thanks in advance

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hello taghavi,

It's so good that we can learn English from English-speaking teachers free.
Teachers here are ready to give us their knowledge and experience. Some students want to know [STRIKE]how[/STRIKE] the feeling of a teacher is when he or she is asked to answer the students' questions.
OR: "the feelings of teachers when they are asked ..."
[STRIKE]Are they feeling[/STRIKE] Do they feel [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] superior to the students, or not?
You're talking about a habitual, or ongoing feeling, so you use the simple present.
they would prefer showing modesty? [Do they prefer to show modesty?]?
Here is my question too and I would appreciate any honest answer which can be produced by the teachers!

Do you mind editing my passage?
No. Was that the question?
Thanks in advance
I think teachers are all different, just like normal people! Some would feel superior, some not; some modest, some not. Obviously, a teacher must consider that they have a superior understanding of the question to what the student does, or they wouldn't try to answer it. (This type of question is different though). In principle there is no reason for a teacher to feel superior to a student in other ways. But life is life and different people are different.
How do we feel when we're asked a question? In a forum such as this, it's different. If you don't like a question, you don't have to answer it.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I think teachers are all different, just like normal people! Some would feel superior, some not; some modest, some not. Obviously, a teacher must consider that they have a superior understanding of the question to what the student does, or they wouldn't try to answer it. (This type of question is different though). In principle there is no reason for a teacher to feel superior to a student in other ways. But life is life and different people are different.
How do we feel when we're asked a question? In a forum such as this, it's different. If you don't like a question, you don't have to answer it.
Hi again,

Thanks for your answer and correction. Yes, you are right, life is life and different people are different. How about you? Do you like to show off your knowledge? Are you a tutor at home or a teacher at an educational institute? If so, how do you interact with your students? If you do not like to, you do not need answer my questions.

Regards,
ever student

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hi again,

Thanks for your answer and correction. Yes, you are right, life is life and different people are different. How about you? Do you like to show off your knowledge? Are you a tutor at home or a teacher at an educational institute? If so, how do you interact with your students? If you do not like to, you do not need answer my questions.

Regards,
ever student
I think most people like to share what they know. It's not always a matter of "showing off" your knowledge (though it can be), but teaching is about passing on knowledge to others, or guiding them in learning; and it also involves challenging that which is presented as the truth, but which is not true.
I have tutored at tertiary level in classes, but prefer private tutoring, where I can choose my students. I'm getting too old to waste my time on students who don't want to learn.

But now, what do you think of most of your teachers?

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I think most people like to share what they know. It's not always a matter of "showing off" your knowledge (though it can be), but teaching is about passing on knowledge to others, or guiding them in learning; and it also involves challenging that which is presented as the truth, but which is not true.
I have tutored at tertiary level in classes, but prefer private tutoring, where I can choose my students. I'm getting too old to waste my time on students who don't want to learn.

But now, what do you think of most of your teachers?
Hello,
If you mean the teachers at forum, to me the all teachers are good and they have taught me a lot. They haven't let me alone yet. Thank you!

Or somewhere else?

Face to face interaction is different: I can feel the feeling of my techers to me. Some have good information and give comprehensive knowledge and experience; they are all praised.
Other teachers are also like those mentioned above in regards to being at the similar level of information but they do not like or are not in the mood to share their knowledge to the students. It reminds me of one of my teachers who didn't put up with answering her students questions and she started to shout at them why they had asked questions, so the students had to look for their answers amid any other sources.

I am still interacting with one of my professors. Not only has he highly good information, but also he is modesty. He gives me his knowledge and gets more experience. I think this interaction can be useful for both teacher and student.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hello,
If you mean the teachers at forum, to me the all teachers are good and they have taught me a lot. They haven't let me alone yet. Thank you!

Or somewhere else?

Well, you could tell us what you think of your local teachers too.
I didn't mean that, but if you're offering ... :-D

Face to face interaction is different: I can feel the feeling of my techers to me. Some have good information and give comprehensive knowledge and experience; they are all praised.
Other teachers are also like those mentioned above in regards to being at the similar level of information but they do not like or are not in the mood to share their knowledge to the students. It reminds me of one of my teachers who didn't put up with answering her students questions and she started to shout at them why they had asked questions, so the students had to look for their answers amid any other sources.

I am still interacting with one of my professors. Not only has he highly good information, but also he is modest[STRIKE]y[/STRIKE]. He gives me his knowledge and gets more experience. I think this interaction can be useful for both teacher and student.
Yes, I agree that modesty has a place in people of authority, or people who assume authority.
And I agree it's harder to assess someone's attitude online. This has probably been a problem for everyone at one time or another. There is probably a huge corpus of data about studies of online miscommunications somewhere. If not, it would be a good area of focus for linguistics students.
R.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Thank you.
I would appreciate it if you could give notice of errors through my passages.

Status
Not open for further replies.