from Japan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
English Teacher
Hi everyone!

My name's James and I'm joining these forums from Japan.

I've recently started my own school here in Sannomiya (which is in Kobe, near Osaka). It's been a great experience for me and I'd recommend it for anyone that thinks they've got what it takes!

I'd love to share my experiences with anyone who's interested in learning what it's like to start a school.

This is my website (it may help those of you in Japan to get ideas of where to start) http://www.realize-english.comhttp://www.realizeenglish.com

Anyways I'm looking forward to helping out around here, from what I've seen so far it's a great community!:up:

James

Last edited:

rx-f

Member Type
English Teacher
Hi James,

There are a lot of small eikaiwas around, so good luck to you. Things might be quite hard for a while, depending on whether you've already built up a good bunch of private students on the sly while working at a bigger school, or something like that.

I see you've moved from Ashiya to Sannomiya. What great places to live! I visited Kobe a few months after moving to Japan and instantly wanted to move there.

Again, good luck to you.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
With the big chains failing, it may be a very good opportunity for small schools, which are less likely to implode.

todorok1

Member Type
English Teacher
I agree, now seems to be a good opportunity for small schools to benefit from the collapse of the big eikaiwas. Goodluck with it!

petershell

Member Type
English Teacher
Hello,
My wife and I are planning on opening a Hagwon here in Korea nest year.
We've both had more than enough experience working in Hagwons and believe strongly we have what it takes.
That said we'll still take all the luck we can get!
So wish us luck!
I hope your school is a great success!

Member Type
English Teacher
With the big chains failing, it may be a very good opportunity for small schools, which are less likely to implode.

Yeah the amount of demo lessons I've had has increased a fair bit recently!
A fair bit of those students say they recently went to some big eikaiwa school.

Hello,
My wife and I are planning on opening a Hagwon here in Korea nest year.
We've both had more than enough experience working in Hagwons and believe strongly we have what it takes.
That said we'll still take all the luck we can get!
So wish us luck!
I hope your school is a great success!

Good luck! There's a decent fail-rate but with two teachers you should do great!

James

Last edited:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic