Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Hi friends, today I have another tale which needs to be checked. I hope that you will do it. Thanks.

Saad and Suad​
Saad and Suad are active students. Saad is reading Almudala book while Suad is memorizing a Sura of the Holy Quran. Saad read his book while Suad memorized the Sura. Now they are playing and running in the garden. Playing with a ball and running behind it. Saad and Suad are successful because they study in studying time and play in the playing time.

Class Room​
My class room is beautiful. It has a wide door and windows that the sun and air enter of it. Everything in my class room is clean and arranged. The students, seats, walls, tiles and roofs are clean. There is in front of us a blackboard which we write on it with chalks. I like my class room as my home and also like my classmates like my brothers.

Nightmare85

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
**Neither a teacher nor a native speaker.**

Saad and Suad​

Saad and Suad are active students. Saad is reading an/the Almudala book while Suad is memorizing a Sura of the Holy Quran. Saad read his book while Suad memorized the Sura. - why do you write it twice? Now they are playing and running in the garden. Playing with a ball and running behind it. Saad and Suad are successful because they study in the studying time and play in the playing time.
When you say "in the playing time", you should also say "in the studying time".

Class Room​

My class room is beautiful. It has a wide door and windows so that the sun and air enter of (through?) it. Everything in my class room is clean and arranged. The students, seats, walls, tiles and roofs are clean. There is a blackboard in front of us on which we write [STRIKE]on it[/STRIKE] with chalk. I like my class room as much as my home and also (like) my classmates as much as my brothers.

I'm not very sure if my last corrections (the last sentences) are really okay.
I hope that the rest is acceptable (both your text and my other corrections.)

P.S. Let's hope some other members will say something as well. ;-)

Cheers!

Atchan

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Thank you Nightmare85. Now I have updated it. I think there aren't any more mistakes.

Saad and Suad​
Saad and Suad are active students. Saad is reading the Almudala book while Suad is memorizing a Sura of the Holy Quran. They finished their homework. Now they are playing and running in the garden. Playing with a ball and running behind it. Saad and Suad are successful because they study in the studying time and play in the playing time.

Class Room​
My class room is beautiful. It has a wide door and windows so that the sun and air enter through it. Everything in my class room is clean and arranged. The students, seats, walls, tiles and roofs are clean. There is a blackboard in front of us on which we write with chalk. I like my class room as much as my home and also my classmates as much as my brothers.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you Nightmare85. Now I have updated it. I think there aren't any more mistakes.

Saad and Suad​

Saad and Suad are active students. Saad is reading the Almudala book while Suad is memorizing a Sura of the Holy Quran. They have finished their homework. Now they are playing and running in the garden. They are playing with a ball and running behind it. Saad and Suad are successful because they study in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] study[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] time and play in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] play[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] time.

Class Room​

My [STRIKE]class room[/STRIKE] classroom is beautiful. It has a wide door and windows [STRIKE]so that the sun and air enter through it[/STRIKE] through which the sun and air enter. Everything in my [STRIKE]class room[/STRIKE] classroom is clean and [STRIKE]arranged[/STRIKE] tidy. The students (the students are clean?!), seats, walls, tiles and [STRIKE]roofs[/STRIKE] ceiling are clean. There is a blackboard at the front on which we write with chalk. I like my [STRIKE]class room[/STRIKE] classroom as much as my home, and [STRIKE]also[/STRIKE] my classmates as much as my brothers.

See above. As I've marked, I found it a little strange that among the list of clean attributes of the classroom, you included the students! If you're inside a classroom, it doesn't have a roof, it has a ceiling. A roof is on the outside of a building.

Atchan

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Thank you very much emsr2d2.

Atchan

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Somali
Home Country
Somalia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
See above. As I've marked, I found it a little strange that among the list of clean attributes of the classroom, you included the students! If you're inside a classroom, it doesn't have a roof, it has a ceiling. A roof is on the outside of a building.
The students (the students are clean?!), seats, walls, tiles and [STRIKE]roofs[/STRIKE] ceiling are clean.
Is it funny, so how can I do it? I mean that the students are clean not dirty. But I have added them among the solid things. Please arrange them as much as you can. ;-)

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
I am not a teacher, but I'll tell you what I think.

If you really want to say that the students are clean, you could separate them from the "solid things", for example, instead of
Everything in my classroom is clean and tidy. The students, seats, walls, tiles and ceiling are clean.
you could write,

"The students are clean, and so is the classroom: the seats, the walls, the tiles, and the ceiling are all clean."

Status
Not open for further replies.