Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Argentina
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to express my total dissatisfaction with the "Beautiful Japanese Figure" I recently acquired from your mail-order company. As I think the catalogue was definetely misleading, there are some points I need to talk about.

First of all, when I opened the package I realised that there were some pieces of gypsum spread throughout the inside of the box. In addition to this, judging from the appearance of the little sculpture, it seemed to be more like a Holand woman than a Japanese Geisha.

To make matters worse, the catalogue said that if we would have purchased the product between June 19th and July 31st we had the 20% of discount as well as a free wooden representation of the legendary and traditional Fenghuang that accompanied every geisha beautifying her with its scarlet plumage; however, the price reduction has not been taken into account and the red bird has not been included in my package.

On top of everything, the advertisement said that the delivery takes a week to make the departure when I had to wait 21 days exactly to receive my good.

You can imagine how upset I am with the appalling situation you have put me in. Thus, I believe I am entitled to a prompt apology as well as any product by way of compensation added to the right model in good condition. Otherwise, I will be forced to take further and legal measures.

Yours faithfully,
Leandro-Z

shroob

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Not a teacher, its pretty good and understandable, though I would make a few alterations.

Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to express my total dissatisfaction with the "Beautiful Japanese Figure" I recently bought from your mail-order company. The catalogue advertisement was definetely misleading on a number of points.

First of all, when I opened the package I realised that the sculpture was damaged, with [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] pieces of gypsum spread throughout the [STRIKE]inside of the[/STRIKE] box. In addition to this, the little sculpture bears more of a resemblance to a Dutch woman than a Japanese Geisha.

To make matters worse, the catalogue said that if I [STRIKE]would have[/STRIKE] purchased the product between June 19th and July 31st, which I did, I would receive a [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] 20% [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] discount, as well as a free wooden representation of the legendary and traditional Fenghuang that accompanied every geisha, beautifying her with its scarlet plumage; however, the price reduction has not been taken into account and the red bird has not been included in my package.

On top of everything, the advertisement said that [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] delivery would take a week, [STRIKE]to make the departure[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]when[/STRIKE], yet I had to wait exactly 21 days to receive my goods.

You can imagine how upset I am with the appalling situation you have put me in. Thus, I believe I am entitled to a prompt apology, as well as any product by way of compensation added to the [STRIKE]right model in[/STRIKE] original order, in good condition. Otherwise, I will be forced to take further and possibly legal measures.

Yours faithfully,
Leandro-Z

I hope that helps, I may have made some mistakes but this seems to flow better to me.

Another note - the section, 'I believe I am entitled to a prompt apology, as well as any product by way of compensation.....' Perhaps just 'I believe I am entitled to a prompt apology, as well as compensation.....' Sometimes compensation could be a refund, it might not be an additional product.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.