please check this one sentence! it's urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madu410

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Colombia
should i write 1 or 2?

1) [FONT=&quot]Love of and curiosity about finance have been the leading factors in my decision to apply to Binghamton University.

or

2) [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]It is the love and curiosity of finance that has been the leading factor in my decision to apply to Binghamton University.

please help me!!!
[/FONT]

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I'm not convinced that love is a particularly good choice of word for an application, but the first reads better than the second to me.

madu410

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Colombia
I'm not convinced that love is a particularly good choice of word for an application, but the first reads better than the second to me.

thanks! what about have? should it be has?

samaritan

Member Type
Academic
should i write 1 or 2?

1) [FONT=&quot]Love of and curiosity about finance have been the leading factors in my decision to apply to Binghamton University.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]or[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]It is the love and curiosity of finance that has been the leading factor in my decision to apply to Binghamton University.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]please help me!!![/FONT]
An overwhelming interest in finance is the main reason for applying to Binghamton University.

samaritan

Member Type
Academic
should i write 1 or 2?

1) [FONT=&quot]Love of and curiosity about finance have been the leading factors in my decision to apply to Binghamton University.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]or[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]It is the love and curiosity of finance that has been the leading factor in my decision to apply to Binghamton University.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]please help me!!![/FONT]
An overwhelming interest in finance is my reason for applying to
Binghamton University.

Status
Not open for further replies.