plz check my essay grade me from (0-5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

khan101

Member Type
Student or Learner
Language is a means of communication. A language enables one to interact with others. There are various different languages spoken around the world representing different culture and traditions. However, a language is a skilled or learned behavior it is something which one learns as no one is born with the talent of speaking any particular language. Every individual speaks his native or mother language which he or she acquires automatically but when it comes to learning a foreign language one may find a bit difficult to thoroughly command that foreign language. Many people learn a foreign language in their own country, others learn a foreign language in the country where it is spoken. I personally prefer that learning and better understanding of a language is possible only where the language is spoken.

Learning another language other than a mother tongue can be a complex task which can be better accomplish only when a person listen more and more to the native speakers and also communicate with others preferably a native speaker because one can better understand and grasp more vocabulary when that language is spoken correctly by a native speaker in an appropriate accent and pronunciation than as compare to learning a language in a country where the language is not spoken. Human brain is programmed in a way by nature that a person can learn more quickly when he or she listen and absorb the actual accent of a particular language.

One can though learn a language in his own country as well but he cannot thoroughly have a command over it unless he speaks and practice to the foreign language. However, it may be consider better to practice a language in one's own country prior to speaking in front of other native speaker and getting ashamed of the lack of ability to speak fluently. Whatsoever, a language is not a knowledge it is just a tool of communication so that should be kept in mind lacking the ability to speak well can be overcome by practicing speaking. It should not be consider as a shameful or embarassing factor as one can learn a language which requires time and effort.

Hence, learning a foreign language in a country where it is spoken give more oppurtunities to catch the gist of the language while learnig a language in one's own country cannot be as helpful as it requires listening and speaking and correct use of grammer which might not be possible where that language is not spoken

eng4101

Member Type
Other
I suggest you make some changes to your topic sentenc because it is the key to the inside of your topic.

khan101

Member Type
Student or Learner
I suggest you make some changes to your topic sentenc because it is the key to the inside of your topic.

what actually do u mean what should I add or remove from my topic sentence??

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Summarize your entire essay in one sentence. What's it about?

khan101

Member Type
Student or Learner
the topic of my essay is '' learning a foreign language in a country where it is spoken is better or in a country where it is not spoken what do u think??""

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
That was the question you answered. But what do you say in your essay?
That should be your topic sentence, not "Language is a means of communication."

khan101

Member Type
Student or Learner
i got your point but i was just starting my essay by giving a brief description about language just to add a few words to my essay because i have to write 250 -300 words at least :-|

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Your first sentence is going to set the tone of your essay. Do you think anyone doesn't know that language is a means of communication? Don't add words just to add words. Add the words that push your ideas forward.

Tell me what the point of your essay is. What are you trying to convince me of?

khan101

Member Type
Student or Learner
I personally prefer that learning and better understanding of a language is possible only where the language is spoken.

This is my point of view in the essay as it is agree or disagree type essay so in the body paragraphs i tried to explain the reasons why i think so :-?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I personally [STRIKE]prefer[/STRIKE] believe that learning and [STRIKE]better[/STRIKE] understanding [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] a language is possible only where the language is spoken.

This is my point of view in the essay as it is an "agree or disagree" type essay, so in the body paragraphs I tried to explain the reasons why I think so. :-?

The sentence you posted above, in bold, should be your opening sentence. Then you go on to explain why you believe that.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
All of your essays in which you argue a point should start out like that. Say what you believe and go on to support it.

I think that requiring uniforms in school is a pointless and costly decision that should be overturned.
I think that developing nations should not be exempted from conforming to global warming standards.

Whatever... as long as you support it with (usually) three good points. If you don't have a third point, you can argue about why a point made by someone arguing the other side of the issue is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.