Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Argentina
I created this composition on my own, so I would appreciate it if you could check it and explain in case there is any mistake.(The bibliography is under the text) Thank you in advance.

INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL IS BECOMING EASIER, FASTER AND CHEAPER FOR MANY PEOPLE
Is this good?
Nowadays, we can differ two social groups that distinguish from each other by the way they take place on the matter with their own opinions. Therefore, there are two possible and obvious answers to this questions: YES or NO. In spite of being to thoroughly abstract thoughts, we can find a number of disagreements between them that may arise if we start studying deeply this complex topic.

On the one hand, there are those who claim it is of vital importance to receive foreign visitors. By the way, we have to take into account that for a lot of places, tourism is the most sustainable income. We also have to consider that in some cases, tourism is the basic economic support of the city we are referring to.

On the other hand, there is a group that says International Travel is one of the worst "diseases" a place has to face.'It is the foreigners who polluted our terrific and unspoilt white-sanded beaches damaging our whole environment. It will take, at least, one million years for the ecosystem to recover naturally from the mess caused by the unconsidered strangers' told us Lord Varemont D`Vaill.

All in all, despite the fact that it is the unique economic prop in most societies, tourism can become the origin of the wreck of a community without the necessary measures. It is like sugar: it is an essential nutrient. However, in high quantity, it can kill us. Another metaphorical example is the common metabolism of a Baobab. Every root needs to be resistent so as to absorb water and minerals from the soil and mantain the tree alive. But if there is lack of water and there are not enough minerals, the Baobab dies.

[The exercises can be found in the book: Grammar for First Certificate with answers Second Edition; Cambridge University Press; Authors: Louise Hashemi and Barbara Thomas]

Last edited:

shroob

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Not a teacher only a native.

While I understand your argument, the first paragraph looks confusing to me, I have read the text and have come up with an alternative version. Please not I'm not a teacher and this is only a suggestion.

Nowadays, we can distinguish two different social groups from each other by their responce to the the question, 'International travel is becoming easier, faster and cheaper for many people - is this good?' When we study this topic, we find a number of disagreements between the two factions.

On the one hand, there are those who claim that international travel and the attraction of foreign visitors is of vital imporance. This is because to a lot of places, tourism is the most sustainable source of income. We also have to consider that in some cases, tourism is the fundamental economic basis of many locations.

On the other hand, there is a group of people that says international travel is one of the worst 'diseases' a location has to face. An example is Lord Varemont D'Vaill, who says, 'It is the foreigners who polluted our terrifc and unspoilt white-sanded beaches damaging our whole environment. It will take, at least, one million years for the ecosystem to recover naturally from the mess caused by the unconsiderate stranges.'

All in all, despite the fact that it is sometimes the sole economic prop in some societies, tourism can be destructive to a community without the necessary checks. Tourism is like sugar, it is an essential nutrient, however in excessive quantities it is determental to our health.

Hope this helps, I left out the reference to the Baobab as I didn't quite understand it and thought one metaphor was enough. If you have any questions please ask and I will try and clear things up.

Leandro-Z

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Argentina
Thank you, you are defenitely good at English. The problem is that I am not a native speaker, and when I have to do this kind of exercises, I start inventing expressions and words. Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.