Hello my dear masters,
May i ask you to help me with these terms...
I want to know if they are common and what do they Mean...Any other term which has a meaning close to them?
1) drag your feet on.
2) get off my back.
3) have patience and the mulberry leaf will become satin.
4) my wife is going into labor.
5) deep six someone.
6) do somebody in.
7) shilly shally.
All the best.
1) drag your feet on. - dilly-dally, put things off for later, delay, dawdle
2) get off my back.- just leave me alone
3) have patience and the mulberry leaf will become satin / or a silk gown - apparently a Chinese proverb.A mulberry tree requires special care and it's very time consuming to cultivate it, but once you put a lot of work into it, you will be greatly rewarded. In other words, just be patient, "Rome wasn't built in a day".
4) my wife is going into labor.- she's going to have a baby
5) deep six someone. - to get rid of someone, put him six feet under ( grave), to destroy.
6) do somebody in.- to kill someobody
7) shilly shally.- to hesitate, to dither ( same as above dilly-dally), unable to come to a decision.
Blue and orange are used here for phrases with the the same idea.