[Essay] Should high schools require all students to wear school uniforms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Please help me to check my essay. Thank you.

Topic: Some high schools require all students to wear school uniforms. Other high schools permit students to decide what to wear to school. Which of these two school policies do you think is better? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
------------------------

Most high school students are teenagers. They are no longer children, but they still are not adults. Thus, they often want to wear latest fad clothes when they go to schools. However, I prefer the idea that they should be required to wear uniforms.

First of all, uniform is one of the best features of each high school. Every country has its own national flag. Every football team has its own club emblem. Similarly, every high school has its own uniform. Uniform helps us to distinguish among schools. When we see a student at the street or on the media, we can tell where he is studying by the uniform that he is wearing. Moreover, each high school has a particular tradition. School uniforms can instill a feeling of school spirit. Wearing them can make students proud of their schools' quintessence.

Furthermore, wearing uniforms makes the classes more formal and more beautiful. If students have the right to decide what to wear to school, the classes appear to be in disorder. Hence, wearing the same clothes helps in creating a tidy learning environment. The teachers are interesting in imparting the knowledge to students, and the students are enthusiastic about studying more. It not only makes the teachers to feel comfortable in teaching, but it also helps the students to acquire better scholastic achievements.

Finally, requiring all students to wear uniforms keeps high schools having high standards of discipline. To evaluate the quality of a school, besides providing superior learning programs, having a lot of books in libraries, building good buildings, the way its students obeying the school's rules is also one important factor. If the students attend classes regularly with uniforms, the school will have a good reputation. Many teenagers, as well as their parents, want them to be able to enter these schools. It ensures that the juveniles not only have better education, but they also are trained to become virtuous people.

In short, for the reasons above, I strongly agree that all high school students should wear uniforms at school. It makes the schools to be more beautiful, and helps the teachers and students in teaching and learning effectively.

lifan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Thank you very much for correcting my essay.

Furthermore, wearing uniforms makes the classes more formal and more beautiful. If students have the right to decide what to wear to school, the classes appear to be in disorder (Hmm...disorder, as in freedom?). Hence, wearing the same clothes helps in creating a tidy learning environment (Not to be the Devil's Advocate but isn't this the same as the Hilter Youth wearing uniforms?).

I admit that I exaggerated this point. I only wanted to mean that wearing uniforms can instill a sense of discipline in students in classes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.