Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hi, If I want to improve my writing style to be more attractive and more richer with strong words that makes my professors in college give me an A. what should I do?? Are any books that I should read, which ones should I pick?? Which categories should I choose?
I'm seeking for my writing to be powerful, amusing, and simple, but unique.
I want my writing to be more creative.
Can anyone please give me some Information, or any clues, it would be very helpful.

Last edited:

muffin

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
There is a saying that the Devil is in the details. Things appear to be easy but each part has to be done correctly. When you write, it is required that you edit everything that you write. For example, you capitalized "improve" in the first sentence. There is no need to capitalize a common word in the middle of a sentence. You may think that the word is important, but there are rules as to which words are capitalized - learn and follow these rules. I use many reference sources. One good one is - Purdue OWL

I suggest that you read books written in English on a daily basis. Here is a list of some authors that you may want to study -

Ernest Hemingway
Jules Verne
Mark Twain
John Steinbeck
Edgar Allen Poe
Joseph Conrad
Geoffrey Chaucer
Thanks a lot for correcting my post, and for the list too

Jill-y

Member Type
Student or Learner
I have the same mistakes as the author of those topic:(( Why did you recommend to read those books? Do they've been written in a good english, there we can pick up some useful expressions, style?

Status
Not open for further replies.