[Essay] correct my essay plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryam uday

Member Type
Student or Learner
It is very clear now that English should be the primary foreign language taught in all schools around the world.Learning a different language before English is ,in todays world,awaste if time.Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
To a great extent,English language is the first foreign language learned in all schools around the worldand this can be seen in most people used this language in their practial life.Learning English has very important needs from my point of view.Although other prefere to learn other language to be professional in their works.In this essay,i will look at some arguments for and against learning English to be the international language.

First of all,it is consider the simplest method of communication between people.For example, in UAE there are more than 100 language used by people in this place but the most common is English.We can use it in all places such as, hotels, bank transaction,resturants,government establishment and in taxi.
This example clearly shows the importance of English to keep people in touch.
It is obvious that English should learned in all schools to make people understand each other.

Secondly,the developments of most countries depend to some extend on learning English for their peoples.For example,in my country all students start learnung English when they become 11 years old and above after they used English in their practical life after graduationt.this ealy learning of English help them to progress fastly ,therefore they can introduce any idea or suggestion which help in develop their country.
from the previous example, it is clear that English educated people have avery important role in success their country.
It is clear that English is very important in our life.
However, some people believe learning other foriegn language before English is sometime valuable. For example,tourist guide have to learn specific language to compete with other colleague for better position in his work.
After analysing the area of direct effect of English on our life as well as on the development of countries. It has been shown that English should learn first before any other languages.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It is very clear [STRIKE]now[/STRIKE] that English should be the primary foreign language taught in all schools around the world. Learning a different language before learning English is, in today's world, a waste [STRIKE]if[/STRIKE] of time. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

To a great extent, English [STRIKE]language[/STRIKE] is the first foreign language learned in all schools around the world and this can be seen in most people used this language in their practical life (I don't know what you mean here. Do you simply mean that many people use English on a regular basis?) Learning English [STRIKE]has[/STRIKE] is very important [STRIKE]needs[/STRIKE] from my point of view, although [STRIKE]other[/STRIKE] some people prefer[STRIKE]e[/STRIKE] to learn another language in order to be more professional [STRIKE]in their works[/STRIKE] at work. In this essay, I will look at some arguments for and against learning English [STRIKE]to be[/STRIKE] in order to make it the international language.

First of all, it is considered to be the simplest method of communication between people. For example, in UAE [STRIKE]there are[/STRIKE] more than 100 languages are used [STRIKE]by people in this place[/STRIKE] but the most common is English. We [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] use it in [STRIKE]all[/STRIKE] places such as hotels, banks [STRIKE]transaction[/STRIKE], restaurants, government establishments and [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] taxis.
This [STRIKE]example[/STRIKE] clearly shows the importance of English [STRIKE]to keep[/STRIKE] in helping people to keep in touch.
It is obvious that English should be learned in all schools to [STRIKE]make[/STRIKE] help people understand each other.

Secondly, the development[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] of most countries depends to some [STRIKE]extend[/STRIKE] extent on people learning English [STRIKE]for their peoples[/STRIKE]. For example, in my country all students start learning English [STRIKE]when they become[/STRIKE] at the age of 11. [STRIKE]years old and above[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]after[/STRIKE] They use[STRIKE]d[/STRIKE] English [STRIKE]in their[/STRIKE] for practical [STRIKE]life[/STRIKE] purposes after graduation[STRIKE]t[/STRIKE]. This early learning of English helps them to progress [STRIKE]fastly[/STRIKE] quickly, [STRIKE]therefore[/STRIKE] so they can [STRIKE]introduce[/STRIKE] explain any ideas or suggestions which may help [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] to develop their country.
From the previous example, it is clear that English [STRIKE]educated people [/STRIKE] speakers [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] play a very important role in the success of their country.

It is clear that English is very important in our [STRIKE]life[/STRIKE] lives.

However, some people believe that learning other foreign languages before English [STRIKE]is sometime[/STRIKE] can be valuable. For example, tourist guides have to learn specific languages to compete with other colleagues for better positions [STRIKE]in his[/STRIKE] at work.

After analysing the [STRIKE]area of[/STRIKE] direct effect of English on our [STRIKE]life[/STRIKE] lives as well as on the development of countries, it has been shown that English should be learned [STRIKE]first[/STRIKE] before any other languages.

1. Remember to put one single space after each full stop.
2. Put a comma directly after the preceding word, but a space after each comma.
3. Check use of plurals.
4. My amendments are in red, queries in blue.

Nightmare85

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Learning English is very important from my point of view, although some people prefer to learn another language in order to be more professional at work.

emsr2d2, can you please explain why you suggest to use "in order to" here?
I barely see it, and as far as I know it's more an option, not really a necessity.
Personally, I only use it when I start a sentence.
In order to be more professional at work some people prefer to learn another language.

Why didn't you use it here?
It is obvious that English should be learned in all schools to help people understand each other.
:?:

By the way:
Each other = 2 people.
One another = more than 2 people.
:)

Cheers!

poncerelyn

Member Type
Academic
Learning English is very important from my point of view, although some people prefer to learn another language in order to be more professional at work.

emsr2d2, can you please explain why you suggest to use "in order to" here?
I barely see it, and as far as I know it's more an option, not really a necessity.
Personally, I only use it when I start a sentence.
In order to be more professional at work some people prefer to learn another language.

Why didn't you use it here?
It is obvious that English should be learned in all schools to help people understand each other.
:?:

By the way:
Each other = 2 people.
One another = more than 2 people.

Cheers!

Yes, i agree with Nightmare85 about the "in order to" . I think essay presents an agruements or opinions so it should be in general form.

Status
Not open for further replies.