Edit the following two paragraphs to eliminate any comma splices or fused sentences

Status
Not open for further replies.

emerritt1283

Member Type
Student or Learner
You have probably encountered a blind person being assisted by a seeing-eye dog ,have you ever wondered how that dog got its training? There's a good possibility that the dog was trained at the Seeing Eye, this organization, which was founded in 1929, was North America's first guide-dog school. Dorothy Harrison Eustis, the founder, was an American who lived in Switzerland she had already been breeding and training German shepherd dogs when she visited a school that trained German shepherds as guides for blind veterans of World War I. She wrote an article about it called "The Seeing Eye" the article appeared in the November 5, 1927, issue of the Saturday Evening Post. A blind young man in Tennessee named Morris Frank soon wrote to Ms. Eustis, expressing how much he hated being dependent on others. He said, "Train me and I will bring back my dog and show people here how a blind man can be absolutely on his own." Ms. Eustace invited Morris Frank to Switzerland she selected and trained a dog for him and taught him to work with his dog. Mr. Frank returned to the United States with his guide dog, Buddy they traveled across the country demonstrating how they handled all types of traffic situations. Ms. Eustis moved back to the United States to establish the Seeing Eye in Nashville, Tennessee. By the end of 1929, seventeen blind men and women could move around freely with their Seeing Eye dogs. The Seeing Eye now has a 60-acre campus in Morristown, New Jersey, its canine center has facilities for 120 dogs in training.
Answer

Last edited:

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
You have probably encountered a blind person being assisted by a seeing-eye dog ,have you ever wondered how that dog got its training? There's a good possibility that the dog was trained at the Seeing Eye, this organization, which was founded in 1929, was North America's first guide-dog school. Dorothy Harrison Eustis, the founder, was an American who lived in Switzerland she had already been breeding and training German shepherd dogs when she visited a school that trained German shepherds as guides for blind veterans of World War I. She wrote an article about it called "The Seeing Eye" the article appeared in the November 5, 1927, issue of the Saturday Evening Post. A blind young man in Tennessee named Morris Frank soon wrote to Ms. Eustis, expressing how much he hated being dependent on others. He said, "Train me and I will bring back my dog and show people here how a blind man can be absolutely on his own." Ms. Eustace invited Morris Frank to Switzerland she selected and trained a dog for him and taught him to work with his dog. Mr. Frank returned to the United States with his guide dog, Buddy they traveled across the country demonstrating how they handled all types of traffic situations. Ms. Eustis moved back to the United States to establish the Seeing Eye in Nashville, Tennessee. By the end of 1929, seventeen blind men and women could move around freely with their Seeing Eye dogs. The Seeing Eye now has a 60-acre campus in Morristown, New Jersey, its canine center has facilities for 120 dogs in training.
Answer

If you want somebody to help you, you might ask politely.

Status
Not open for further replies.