Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Mom just sighed. “Okay. Well, I’m glad you’re there safe and sound, but please tell your father to call me as soon as he gets a chance.”
I promised that I would, but as I hung up, I was suddenly overwhelmed by a wave of exhaustion. I didn’t really want to deal with parental drama on top of every¬thing else I was trying to process.??

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Not a teacher.

He has many things on his mind, things he is worried about, things he has to remember, etc. In short, things his mind is processing. (Think of the mind as a computer. What is the central part of a computer? A Central Processing Unit (CPU).

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Mom just sighed. “Okay. Well, I’m glad you’re there safe and sound, but please tell your father to call me as soon as he gets a chance.”
I promised that I would, but as I hung up, I was suddenly overwhelmed by a wave of exhaustion. I didn’t really want to deal with parental drama on top of every¬thing else I was trying to process.??

"trying to process" means 'trying to understand and maybe also respond to/deal with' everything going on in my life at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.