I'm interested in expanding my horizons and leaving Canada in what I hope would be a permanent basis. I've been doing some research on TESL courses but it all seems a little overwhelming. First, a little background may help:
- Native English speaker born and raised in Toronto, Canada
- Excelled at grammar and spelling throughout school
- Community-college diploma graduate for Law Enforcement
- Intermediate-level Spanish speaker
- Mature(?) at 28 years of age
I work more than full-time (60+ hours a week) so a distance-learning course would be ideal. However, do employers look upon this differently particularily not having a university education?
Also, what would the difference between TESOL and TEFL qualifications be? I want to be sure that if I leave my job in Canada, I will be consistently able to find work!
And third, can anyone recommend a local school in downtown Toronto?
Thanks in advance and I look forward to speaking to some of you soon!