krapsi is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Informal letter to a friend-giving advice

I really would like someone to take a look at my letter and say their opinion about it. Please edit it if you think it is not correct. I'm writing to a friend of mine. He's asking for advice-he works too much and he doesn't know what to do-('There is too much pressure' he says) and he had a very serious argument with his girlfriend.

Dear George,

I know this must be a very difficult time for you but don’t worry I’m sure you will work it out.

Anyway, judging by your words you must be literally up-to-ears in work. I definitely think that you should talk to your boss and take a day off. Have a break and get away from it all. Go in the mountain for example, you know, get some fresh air. On the next day you will feel like reborn and the work will seem less.

If I were you, I would think really seriously about the quarrel with Helen. I must admit the guilty one is you. I can see that you really like that woman so you’d better go ahead and apologize to her. I think that a bunch of flowers and some red wine should break the ice.

Come on, buck up, I’m sure these bad times will pass very fast.

Take care
    Last edited by krapsi; 31-Aug-2010 at 10:12.