teaching children

Status
Not open for further replies.

crisboro

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi

I need some suggestions about english class for children.
Ex: Musics, historys ´nd others things.

thanks!!!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi

I need some suggestions [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] for English classes for children.
[STRIKE]Ex:[/STRIKE] For example, [STRIKE]Musics[/STRIKE] music, [STRIKE]historys[/STRIKE] (but I don't know if you mean "history" or "stories") [STRIKE]´nd[/STRIKE] and [STRIKE]others[/STRIKE] other things.

Thanks!!!

I hope you don't take offence at this, but may I ask how long you've been teaching English, and whether or not you teach spoken English only, or written English too?

I was rather surprised to find so many amendments were required in a post by an English teacher.

If you only teach spoken English, then I guess it's possible that the problem is simply with your written English, but if your post above is an example of what you are teaching the children, then I cannot help but be concerned.

I'm afraid I can't really help you with your actual query - I have only ever taught one child and that was only for about four classes.

petershell

Member Type
English Teacher
Hi,
It seems to me you are going to need some really good materials and a lot of guidance to help you. I would like to recommend this website to you:
www.monkeyface-esl.com
There you will find all you need. Comprehensive materials that are highly effective, flash cards, games, puzzles and teachers guides to help you along.
Good Luck!

Chicchick

Member Type
English Teacher
There are some class activity materials for little children on

www.christina-sinclair.com

Lexis: sea creatures
Theme: friendship

shapes/colours/numbers/instructions

Linked to a lower intermediate reading book for children demonstrating narrative tenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.