mario Guest

Default make materials and wish the best to the teachers

I applied for a job last week. One of the requirements was to make a composition in English. Unfortunately, I did not get the job. Today looking at the (folha de correções?)assessment paper two things took my attention. First, the examiner corrected my sentence " I think teachers should make extra materials to help students" and writing that you should not write make materials. That would be a wrong collocation. I should have used device materials instead. Moreover, I wrote: "I wish the best to the teachers". The examiner said that was Portuguese into English and did not offer me a correct alternative. My question is: In your experience, does that sound right?
    Can you tell me other verbs that go with .......... materials.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: make materials and wish the best to the teachers

Quote Originally Posted by mario
    I applied for a job last week. One of the requirements was to make a composition in English. Unfortunately, I did not get the job. Today looking at the (folha de correções?)assessment paper two things took my attention. First, the examiner corrected my sentence " I think teachers should make extra materials to help students" and writing that you should not write make materials. That would be a wrong collocation. I should have used device materials instead. Moreover, I wrote: "I wish the best to the teachers". The examiner said that was Portuguese into English and did not offer me a correct alternative. My question is: In your experience, does that sound right?
    Can you tell me other verbs that go with .......... materials.

I think teachers should distribute/produce/present/find/come up with/etc extra materials to help students".

I wish the teachers all the best. The other version is very akward.