Thread: Help request

• Post Thanks / Like

Help request

Hi
    How are you ?
    I am planing to take an ietls test and thanks god I jumped into this fablouse forum, with a huge expert and their certified experience Smiley
    First, I have a few doubts on how to start study, or I would rather say an effective strategy .
    I found this 10 Set samples, will it be help to practice as many samples as I can? do recommend me to buy it online ?
    Second, I want to write an essay everyday, I just need someone to correct them and show me the directions, Is it possible to write it in this fourm or is there a particular connection ??
    thanks a lot Smiley

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help request

Quote Originally Posted by xmagedo View Post
    Hi
    How are you?
    I am planning to take an IELTS test and, thank God, I jumped into stumbled across (found) this fablouse fabulous forum, with many huge experts and their certified experience.
    First, I have a few doubts on how to start studying, or I would rather, an effective study strategy.
    I found this 10 Set samples (I don't know what this is). Will it be helpful to practice as many samples as I can? Do you recommend me to that I buy it online?
    Second, I want to write an essay every day. I just need someone to correct them and show me the directions give me advice. Is it possible to write it in this forum or is there a particular connection section for essays?

Thanks a lot. Smiley
    Welcome to the forum.

I don't know what "10 Set Samples" is. Is this a website you have found with exercises to do?

You can write an essay and post it in the Essay writing section - that's better than the Ask a Teacher section.

• Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for correct me
    Yeah, I have found it, in the acdmic section at ietlshelp site. There is a 10 samples that cost 40.95 $. But unfortunately, I cant put the link here unless I have more than 5 posts .

• Post Thanks / Like

Sir, I want to clear my doubts regarding my previous post.
    You have correct me at ( I am planning to take an IELTS test and, thank God,) I wonder why is there a comma after and ? and why isnt thanks God ?

Pleas, I hope you recommend me a good samples that will help me at my studies, also can you post a link for the essay writing section, couldnt it find in the forum though

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xmagedo View Post
    Sir, I want to clear my doubts regarding my previous post.
    You have correct me at ( I am planning to take an IELTS test and, thank God,) I wonder why is there a comma after and ? and why isnt thanks God ?

Pleas, I hope you recommend me a good samples that will help me at my studies, also can you post a link for the essay writing section, couldnt it find in the forum though
    Well, you're nearly at 5 posts, so you should be able to post a link to that site soon! Once we can see the site, we might have an opinion on whether it's worth it but websites that are helpful to some people aren't always helpful to others.

There is a comma after "and" because "thank God" is a part of the sentence that could be removed and the sentence would still be fine. If you remove "thank God", it would read:

I am planning to take an IELTS test and I stumbled across (found) this fabulous forum.

It's "thank God" because what it means is "I thank God", therefore "thanks" would be inappropriate.

• Post Thanks / Like

Sir
    Help me with your opinion .
    What if I write one sample each six days, will that improve my skills in terms of English Grammar .
    I mean I make a lot of mistakes in writing and the wrong usage of the vocabulary in the right content ?
    Thanks sir for the concern .

• Post Thanks / Like

Sir, here is the links
    Buy the Academic IELTS Practice Tests
    What do you think of it ?