Post Thanks / Like

Default PUT the conversation into MORE NATIVE WAY

TRY TO CHANGE THE CONVERSATION BELOW INTO MORE NATIVE WAY.
    THANKS A LOT

"CAST & SCENCES:
    A Company -----a Chinese private enterprise produces electronic products. Thomas Yang, the chief manager. Chris, Yang’s secretary.
    B Company -----an oversea electronic product retailer, Helen is the manager of market department.
    C company------a domestic retailer, Jasonme is the manager of market department.

As the forthcoming economic globalization, a price war heats up. Who will be the winner at last? Let's wait and see what happens…

CONTENT:

The telephone is ringing in Thomas’ office.

Chris:Mr. Thomas, there is a call from hellen of B company for you.
    Thomas:Ok, thank you, please put her through.
    … … …
    Thomas:Good morning, Helen.
    Helen:Good morning, Thomas. It's for the deal of the new product we discussed last time.
    Thomas:Oh, so do you make up your mind to buy our products?
    Helen:We are always very interested in your products. But there are some discrepancies about the price.
    Thomas:Ah, Helen, to tell you the truth, as we are long-term collaborators, it’s the lowest price, the most reasonable price. You can understand this by comparing it with others.
    Helen:Haw-haw… But as you know it’s a bran-new product and will spend us much effort and money to put it into the market. Considering these factors, we ….
    Thomas:Ok, Helen, we will try our best. How about your price?
    Helen:Well, We would appreciate it and put a 15k pieces -order if you can provide us with 150$/unit. Further more, if you insist on the original price, you must burden the carriage and insurance premium. This is our base line for the price …
    (Interrupted by a phone call of Chris)
    Thomas:Sorry, Helen, just a minute. (Thomas picked up the telephone receiver of the inner Phone systems), what is the matter, Chris?
    Chris:Mr. Thomas, sorry for disturbing you, a native client calls for purchasing our products. How to deal with this?
    Thomas:I see (with a smile on the face ), thank you, Chris. Please take care of the client for me.
    Chris:Ok, and I will tell you the headway in time.

… … …
    Chris:Sorry, Jasonme, Mr. Thomas is on another line at the moment. It is my pleasure to serve you.
    Jasonme:As I told you just now, we get to know the product from your website, and there are still no rival brands in the market now, so we hope to be the native agent. Could you give us more information about it?
    Chris:You are welcome and we take much count of relation with new client. The latest product has just been put into production, so the competitive advantage is obvious. It has a wide foreground. Our factory gate price is also attractive. Deputizing it will earn you a lot.
    Jasonme:En, Chris, could you please fax us a detailed introduction of the product?
    Chris: Of course, the fax number please?
    Jasonme:086,131,421, and how about the essential price ?
    Chris: The fax number is 086,131,421, right? Jasonme, about the price you’d better talk with my boss. I will fax you the materials as soon as possible.
    Jasonme:Sure. Thank you. Bye!
    Chris:Bye!"

Mister Micawber is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PUT the conversation into MORE NATIVE WAY

"CAST & SCENES:

A Company -- a Chinese private enterprise producing electronic products. Thomas Yang, the Chief Manager. Chris, Yang’s secretary.
    B Company -- an overseas electronic product retailer. Helen is the manager of the marketing department.
    C Company-- a domestic retailer. Jason is the manager of the marketing department.

With the forthcoming economic globalization, a price war heats up. Who will be the winner? Let's see what happens….

CONTENT:

The telephone rings in Thomas’ office.

Chris: Mr. Thomas, there's a call from Helen Smith of B company for you.
    Thomas: OK, thank you, please put her through.

Thomas: Good morning, Helen.
    Helen: Good morning, Thomas. It's about the deal for the new product we discussed.
    Thomas: Oh, so did you make up your mind?
    Helen: We are always very interested in your products. But there are some...problems with the price.
    Thomas: Ah, Helen, you are an old customer and we've offered you the lowest price, the most reasonable price. Just compare it with others.
    Helen: Ha-ha… But it’s a brand-new product and we'll have to spend a lot of money and effort to put it on the market. Considering this, we ….
    Thomas: OK, Helen. What's your offer?
    Helen: Well, We'd be able to put in a 15,000-piece order if you can provide us with a 150-dollar per unit price. And we'll bear the shipping and insurance costs.

(Interrupted by a phone call from Chris)

Thomas: Sorry, Helen, just a minute. (Thomas picks up the interoffice phone) What is it, Chris?
    Chris: Mr. Thomas, sorry to disturb you, but a domestic customer is calling about our products. What would you like me to do?
    Thomas: I see, thank you, Chris. Please take care of it for me.
    Chris: OK. I'll let you know what happened later.

Chris: Sorry, Jason, Mr. Thomas is on another line at the moment. May I help you?
    Jason: As I said, we learned about your product from your website, and there are still no rival brands on the market, so we hope to be your domestic agent. Could you give us more information about it?
    Chris: Of course! We are always interested in acquiring new customers. This latest product has just been put into production, so the competitive advantage is obvious. It has a wide applicability [? I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BY 'FOREGROUND']. Our factory price is also attractive. Retailing it will offer you a good profit.
    Jason: Chris, could you please fax us a detailed description of the product?
    Chris: Of course. What's your fax number?
    Jason: 086-131-421. What's your base price?
    Chris: That's 086-131-421? Jason, you'll need to speak to our Chief Manager about the price. But I'll fax you that information right away.
    Jason: OK. Thank you. Bye!
    Chris: Bye!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PUT the conversation into MORE NATIVE WAY

thanks, you help me a lot.