[General] "I'm all about experiments, me." means?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerjnk

Member Type
Student or Learner
Please someone tell me the meaning of this quote:

"I'm all about experiments, me."

It comes from British TV drama, "Skins". The context is following:
A teen lesbian couple is just starting having their affair of first time. Both girls have no experience before, and one of them is hesitating to do it. The quoted sentence is said by the other one who is convincing her.

From the context, I guessed that she wants to say some sort of: "You should experiment it on me"; but I am not certain...

On Urban Dictionary I found a description which is kind of:
"I'm all about [someone/something]" is "I like [someone/something] a lot".
So I think the sentence means "I like experiments a lot."

But what's about the ", me" at the end? If it is an apposition, the sentence should be able to change the form like: "I'm all about experiments. Experiments are me." So is it adding another meaning, some sort of: "Doing experiments is my nature."?

Or is there another conversation-grammar for this?

I wonder if someone would explain me the detail...

Pedroski

Member Type
Other
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
China
"I'm all about experiments, me." = My whole personality is an experiment, I am an experiment.
or
I am one with experiments, I am.

The implication is, that she is happy with experiments, and has no problem entering into a relationship which may be experimental, untried and untested by her or the other girl before.

Attempt number 2:
This is one of those phrases which, when you hear it, you know what it means, but explaining it is hard.

I revise my opinion, and say: it means, ask me anything you want about experiments, I live and breathe them, and know everything about them.

I am all (completely) about (entrenched in/around the subject of) experiments, me (I am).

I am me. Is a redundant apposition. 'me' is I. I don't know Japanese, but in Chinese 我 wo (I) is also me. There is no difference between 'I' and 'me' A fact which gives us an interesting cross-lingual joke: wo (e) is me!

Attempt number 3: succintly put, she is saying, 'I want you'

Last edited:

qwerjnk

Member Type
Student or Learner
"I'm all about experiments, me." = My whole personality is an experiment, I am an experiment.
or
I am one with experiments, I am.

The implication is, that she is happy with experiments, and has no problem entering into a relationship which may be experimental, untried and untested by her or the other girl before.

This is exactly what I got from the story. I think I've got the idea now.
Thank you for your kindness, Pedroski!:):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.