• Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Letter to the newspaper editor

I have been reading newspaper editorials for quite a few months now and I feel I'm in contact with at least some events going on in Canada.
    And I thought I now know those events well enough to write my own opinion on them, so I decided to send a letter to a local newspaper editor.

It isn't my wish though, that they find out I'm not a native English speaker through my writing, because then my opinion won't be counted as much.

I plan to send this to the editor tonite. If your correction don't make it in time that's fine. Getting my sentences corrected so that I don't make the same mistake is more important than saving my face.

Anywayz, here it goes:

The fact that limo and cab are the only transportation means from / to Pearson airport is almost disasterous. And the fact that they're allowed to block off the entrances is downright disgusting.

I took a visit to Japan five years ago. I was worried I may get lost in the airport because I spoke no Japanese and I couldn't read one either. But once I got to Narita airport I realized I was worried for nothing, because, every terminal (it only has two) led to a subway station. You just walk down to B1 level, take the subway and you can get to virtually anywhere in Japan.

If only Canada was like that, eah? Those limo and cab drivers confidently go on strike and block off the airport entrances with brazen face because they lack any significant competition and they know they have strong possibility of getting what they want. I bet they would never strike again if TTC built a route to Person Airport. Some dream I have.
    My thank goes to all the teachers, who works hard to help students, in this forum. Thank you, very much.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Letter to the newspaper editor

The fact that limo and cab are the only transportation means from / to (I'd use 'to and from') Pearson airport is almost disastrous. And the fact that they're allowed to block off the entrances is downright disgusting.

I took a visit to Japan five years ago. I was worried I might get lost in the airport because I spoke no Japanese and I couldn't read one either. But once I got to Narita airport I realized I had been worried for nothing, because, every terminal (it only has two) led to a subway station. You just walk down to B1 level, take the subway and you can get to virtually anywhere in Japan.

If only Canada was like that, eh? Those limo and cab drivers confidently go on strike and brazenly block off the airport entrances because they lack any significant competition and they know they have a strong possibility of getting what they want. I bet they would never strike again if TTC built a route to Person Airport. Some dream I have.