[General] Is it very rude if I don't say thank you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubezero3

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hello, everyone.

I've been bothered by this question for a while.

Every time I see a new reply answering my questions, I will automatically press the Thanks button.

I have observed that many people would add a post at the end of their thread to express their gratitude. However, I can't always read my posts on time and sometimes I would think about my questions and the consequent replied over and over again before I can decide whether I will finish it or not. This means there may be a three-day or five-day gap. There seems to be a dilima. If I post, simply to express my gratitude, it will waste teachers' time which can certainly be better spent. However, I will feel that I am being rude if I omit so.

What do you think of this mattar?

Thanks

Richard

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Hello, everyone.

I've been bothered by this question for a while.

Every time I see a new reply answering my questions, I will automatically press the Thanks button.

I have observed that many people would add a post at the end of their thread to express their gratitude. However, I can't always read my posts on time and sometimes I would think about my questions and the consequent replied over and over again before I can decide whether I will finish it or not. This means there may be a three-day or five-day gap. There seems to be a dilima. If I post, simply to express my gratitude, it will waste teachers' time which can certainly be better spent. However, I will feel that I am being rude if I omit so.

What do you think of this matter?

Thanks

Richard
Just press the "thanks" button, you don't need to post thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.