Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You take a towel and gently touch it to the surface to remove water, instead of rubbing it vigorously.

Let's say you had a big scrape on your arm. When you get out of the shower, you use your towel more vigorously to dry your back, but to dry your arm, you gently pat it dry instead of rubbing.

You often see this in recipes - rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry, for example.

Member Type
Student or Learner
You take a towel and gently touch it to the surface to remove water, instead of rubbing it vigorously.

Let's say you had a big scrape on your arm. When you get out of the shower, you use your towel more vigorously to dry your back, but to dry your arm, you gently pat it dry instead of rubbing.

You often see this in recipes - rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry, for example.
Thx a lot!! Very useful! I have an other one:D..How about when someone says:"They throw me a bone just to pick dry"? Bunch of thanks!
I believe it means something like "arouse interest" but I am not sure. And also "pick dry" alone without the rest of the sentence - whats its meaning? Thank YOU!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.