Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Dear all,

A boyfriend and a girlfriend were so annoyed beacause of a certain situation:

The girlfriend: What do you wanna do?
The boyfriend: We can go stand in a puddle and drop your hair dryer in it. Kill ourselves.

What is the meaning of that? What any "puddle" has anything to do with killing one's self with the hairdryer (which I think here that they are gonna kill themselves by it's wire)

Can you kindly explaiin this image?

Thanks a lot.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Dear all,

The boyfriend: We can go stand in a puddle and drop your hair dryer in it. Kill ourselves.

What is the meaning of that? What any "puddle" has anything to do with killing one's self with the hairdryer (which I think here that they are gonna kill themselves by it's wire)

Thanks a lot.
If you stand in water and put a live electrical appliance in the water, there is a strong possibility that you will receive a fatal electric shock.

Pokemon

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
maiabulela;654770 What any "puddle" has anything to do with killing one's self with the hairdryer (which I think here that they are gonna kill themselves by it's wire) >[/QUOTE said:
</p>
Well, actually you can kill somebody with a hairdryer if it's plugged and the person is in the water. I know it's always better to see once than to hear many times, but if I were you I wouldn't experiment with it.

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear all,

Thanks a lot.
I imagine the boy was joking. If you dropped a hair-dryer in a puddle it might short out and let fly a few sparks, but I doubt very much if the current would arc up to their naked flesh. Perhaps he's referring to a recurrent issue he has with her - always telling her not to use the hair-dryer while she's in the bath.

b

Status
Not open for further replies.