Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Syria
Current Location
Lebanon
please review my discussion and change anything if needed, I want it to sound as academic as possible and please comment on my own writing, how is it? do you think I'm doing well in English?

My involvement in the literature circle allows me to obtain deeper understanding of the story and involve in cooperatively shared reading experiences. I was able to go beyond the text and make text-to-my own life connection. This in turn gave me insight of the story and sequence. Changing of roles allowed us to look at different perspectives and interpret the text from different angles. Each of the assigned task/role: Discussion Director, Vocabulary Enricher, Literary Luminary and Connector exposed me to different viewpoints and have broadened my concept and own interpretation of the novel. Through literature circle I was able to discover my weak skills. Therefore such involvement would enhance these skills.
Employing technology for learning about literature allowed me to be effectively engaged in the reading process. The online participation allowed me to speak up and share my analysis with my group. In fact, such advantage outcomes of technology would allow students who tend to be quiet in the classroom to share their analysis and encourage them to be active participant rather than receivers. As for me, I believe that the technology-usage conferred me a great chance to communicate, discuss, interpret, make connection, organise my thoughts.

Scaffolding the literature circle into the learning environment would be an effective strategy for student’s reading enhancement. Students would learn and practice to guide and direct their own learning. Brabham and Villaume (2000 ) states that the changing of roles in literature circle allow students “to take responsibility for developing and discussing their own questions and interpretations for texts”. With this perspective, students would need develop self-regulating strategies and be independent readers.
In addition Lin (2004) states that there are four main benefits for using literature circles: stronger reader-text relationships, improved classroom climates, enhanced degrees of gender equity and understanding and learning environment more conducive to the needs and abilities of English language learners (Stabile, 2009). Based on such findings, the literature circle could be the most effective tool in developing students reading and comprehension.

Moreover, Literature circles combine the best practices of collaborative learning. Researches indicate that peer collaboration has a positive effect on student learning as it increases student learning, improves reading comprehension and content-knowledge (Fall et al., 2000). The computer based approach highlights the importance of technology in student’s learning process. The technology allows individuals who are far apart to collaborate on-line, encourages different perspectives views and creates a more positive attitude about learning (Stahl, Koschmann, & Suthers, D., 2009). Plead detect

Thank you in advance

faty

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Syria
Current Location
Lebanon
i'm really looking forward to your reply:cry:

Status