what is drama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soso angel

Member Type
Student or Learner
hello ,please,i want to know what is drama and what are the diferences between novel , poetry and drama?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
hello ,please,i want to know what is drama and what are the diferences between novel , poetry and drama?
It's a big subject.
Drama is meant to be acted, not read. But then, poetry can also be recited aloud by the poet. Novels usually aren't as intricately structured as poetry, but they can be.
What is your understanding of the differences so far, from your own study?

soso angel

Member Type
Student or Learner
firstly thanks for your reply
today in my faculty i took a lecture about english drama specially shakespeares drama and this is the first time i study drama so i dont have alot of information about it but what i understood from my lecture is that:
poetry is over flow of the poets feeling and it is felt and it talks about personal experience but novel interested in the words and the theme of the story and sometimes it talks about the society and family problems
drama is asocial ocasion and in drama there is a direct contact between the actor and the audience
also not every one can read the novel but can see the theatre

i want to know if what i understood is correct or not and i want to know what is the form of drama and its content as this is my first time to study it or you can give me a site or link that can help me in that
thanks

soso angel

Member Type
Student or Learner
There's a decent glossary of literary terms here that you might find useful
The differences are textual to me- a novel can be about personal experience just as much as poetry, and Shakespeare is drama written in poetry.

thanks for your reply and the link

Status
Not open for further replies.