Hello everybody, my homework is to write V parragraphs talking about my three long-term goals: Personal, Academic and Career, using the S.M.A.R.T. goals criteria.
__________________________________________________ _____________
S-M-A-R-T- Goals
S - is for specific
Auoid creating goal statements that are too general, for example: I want to
lose weight, or, I uant to saue some moneA. The more specific gou are, the
more likelg Aou are to work towards it. Try ansuering the fi.ue "W" qltestions
to get a clear picture of uhat gou desire: Who can help me? What do I want
to do diJferentlg? Where will I uork on this? When uill I deuote time to it?
WhU is it important to me?
M - is for measurable
Measuring Aour progress as Aou go giues Aou euen more incentiue to reach
Aour goal. Set timeframes for Aour accomplishments. For example, I u,tant to
lose ten pounds bg the end of this term.
A - is for attainable
If gou are attacking a large goal or one that might take a long time to achieue,
it helps to break it down into small steps. When gou meet tuith success in
small mea.sures, it builds Aour confidence for the long haul.
R - is for realistic
Unrealistic goals can become discouraging when we can't achieue them. Sef
goals that make Aou stretch a little, but are still within Aour grasp. Use
common sense uhen setting Aour timeframes.
T - is for timeframe
Set a timeframe for the goal: for nert uteek, in three monthq infiue Aears.
Putting an end point on Aour goal giues Aou a clear target to utork towards.
If gou don't set a time, the commitment is too uague and it tends not to happen
because goufeel Aou can start at ang time. Without a time limit, there's no
urgencA to start taking action nou).
Time must also be measurable, attainable qnd realistic.
__________________________________________________ ______________

I've already written it and I want to know if there's something I could improve or if there are any error I didn't notice. I would appreciate your help. Here's my essay...

--------------------------------------

The purpose of this paper is to let you see my life’s goals. I have three long-term goals, a Personal goal, an Academic goal, and Career goal. My long-term personal goal is to own my own Diamond Twin plane, it’s not a big goal it’s just something I have really wanted ever since I was a little kid. My Academic goal is to Graduate from Valencia community college with a degree in psychology, I hope to have this so I can start my own business, I want to do this because my parents are entrepreneur and I realized of them how much easier it is to be your own boss. My Career goal is to be happy regardless of what I choose to do. I believe that the seeking of happiness is a constant in every single person life and at the end of the path this would be the best thing for me.

When I was about 8 years old I was playing football with my friends outside and suddenly everybody stop the game and looked to the sky, I did it, to see what was happening and there where everything started. At that moment I saw my first steel bird flying just right over my little figure. I’m still remembering how impressed I was living that life-changing experience. It was at my grandfather’s yard where this encounter happened and when I told him that I saw a huge cartoon-like steel bird flying his yard, he just said that what I saw wasn’t a steel bird but a Diamond Twin plane, something alike but driven and made it by human beings. Since that particular moment I started visualizing myself flying this fantastic plane over the big cities of the world. Why? I don’t have a precise idea to express the reason of my fascination. However, to me, it has to be with innate feelings that stick me into the love of airplanes; the idea of being over others; the feeling of superiority and the feeling of freedom that makes to own my own Diamond Twin plane a long-term personal goal. Now, as a growth man I have to be more realistic. Actually, the Diamond Twin costs about 350,000 US$. My plan to deal with reality and achieve successfully my long-term personal goal is by a short-term one. It means I need to find a part-time Job that let me finished my psychology major and allow me to save at least the 50% of the cost of the plane at the end of my Career. Once done with that, I’ll keep working and saving for 2 more years to finally have the money to buy in exact 7 years my own Diamond Twin plane.

My long-term academic goal is to get a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Valencia Community College with a 3.5 GPA. I want this because I’m looking forward to get involved and learn very well my major. In order to better achieve my long-term academic goal I have stated a short-term academic goal. It is to be one of the cells of college; to be a popular student. I know this is not an easy task but it is not impossible too. That’s why I have planned to join as many extracurricular activities as I can and also do tutoring and work at the university if possible. I have also discovered that my personal learning styles are reflective, linear, factual, and visual. As a reflective learner I learn best by working alone. In a classroom, I would not be able to work by myself or stop to think about what I had just learned. As a linear learner who works problems out in a slow step-by-step logical order, I appreciate being able to do assignments at my own speed. Being able to work on an assignment straight through, instead of having to be interrupted by different classes, is my preferred way of learning. As a factual learner, I learn best through specific facts. When learning facts or studying, I am most productive late at night, when normal college “in-person” classes are not being taught. As a visual learner, I learn a lot from what I see.That’s why in order to reach a 3.5 GPA at the end of my bachelor’s degree; I’ll need to act with respect of the way I learn till the next five years.

When talking about my long-term Career goal I would say: “To be happy regardless of what I choose to do”. The reason is that I want to be satisfied with my decisions, to be able to accept and forgive, and most of all to be able to live up to the expectations I have for myself. I realize I cannot set my goals and dreams on the basis of others and I need to
achieve things for myself. I will only accomplish my goal in being happy when I am able to live my life for myself and still able to provide love and support to others. That is why I’m planning to open my own consulting room, because I have a love in helping other people understand them in order to solve any behavioral problem and one thing that will definitely
keep me happy is if I get paid for what I love.

Finally, as you can now see my values, priorities, learning styles, interests, habits and limitations have in fact brought about my desire to be happy by achieving my three long-term life goals: To have a Diamond Twin plane, to get a college degree in psychology at Valencia and last but not least to be happy regardless what I do.