I wrote this salad recipe for my students. Proofreading / revision would be much appreciated.
This recipe makes three to four servings
Quarter a bottle of sushi vinegar (or vinegar + sugar)
4 to 6 lettuce leaves depending on their size,
One large tomato
One medium onion
One medium bell pepper
One small canned pineapple, or a quarter pineapple.
1. Cut onion vertically in half. Place, cut side down, and cut each half onion into small slices.
2. Put the slices into a small bowl and pour sushi vinegar in it, just enough to submerge the onion slices. Marinate for a few minutes.
3. Wash and chop lettuce, tomato, bell pepper into small slices.
4. Dice pineapple if it’s not already in slices.
5. Mix together 3 and 4 in a large salad bowl. Take the onion slices out of sushi vinegar and throw them into the bowl. Mix. If you have other optional ingredients, now’s the time to throw them into the mixture.
6. Peel avocado and dice it. For instructions on how to peel an avocado, consult the following link: How to Peel an Avocado
7. Throw 6 into the mixture. Spray some pepper and / or drizzle some sushi vinegar for garnish.
8. Dig in.