• French
      • Home Country:
      • Belgium
      • Current Location:
      • Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Could you please proofread my cover lettre

Hi,
    I have some concern about wordings not being appropriate, too informal for a cover letter. I've underlined them.

Any hint will be welcomed!
    ---------------------
    Dear Ms x,

Herein I express my interest in discussing a possible position in [agency name]. My web job hunting brought me to the 'asp.NET developer' web page of your agency. Working as a web developer at [agency name] sounds very appealing, and I am confident that my education and motivation will make me a candidate worth considering.

My unique mix of previous work and life experiences have convince me that software development is the career option that would bring me the most satisfaction. I am currently on a training course on .NET framework in Bruxelles.

With a degree in Electronics Engineering and a strong interest in technology, I have an sound technical background. I demonstrate a capacity to work both as an individual and a committed team member. As a result of my experience and education, I believe I am able to contribute the following qualities:
    -A very good knowledge of web technologies (XHTML, CSS, Javascript, XML)
    -A good knowledge of .NET technologies (C#, Winforms, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, T-SQL)
    -Very good communication skills due to my various positions as an educator
    -Competence in tackling problems and willingness to take responsibility
    -Keen openness towards continuous learning of new technologies

I enclose my curriculum vitae for your kind consideration and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,
    [my name]

P.S. : There is no inconvenience in making myself available before the end of the training course.

albertino is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Could you please proofread my cover lettre

Quote Originally Posted by Fitades View Post
    Hi,
    I have some concern about wordings not being appropriate, too informal for a cover letter. I've underlined them.

Any hint will be welcomed!
    ---------------------
    Dear Ms x,

Herein I express my interest in discussing a possible position in [agency name]. My web job hunting has brought me to the 'asp.NET developer' web page of your agency. Working as a web developer at [agency name] sounds very appealing, I am confident that my education and motivation will make me a candidate worth considering.

My unique mix of previous work and life experiences has convinced me that software development is the career option that would bring me the most satisfaction. I am currently on a training course on .NET framework in Bruxelles.

With a degree in Electronics Engineering and a strong interest in technology, I have a sound technical background. I demonstrate a capacity to work as both an individual and a committed team member. As a result of my experience and education, I believe I am able to contribute the following qualities:
    -A very good knowledge of web technologies (XHTML, CSS, Javascript, XML)
    -A good knowledge of .NET technologies (C#, Winforms, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, T-SQL)
    -Very good communication skills because of my various positions as an educator
    -Competence in tackling problems and willingness to take responsibility
    -Keen openness towards continuous learning of new technologies

I enclose my curriculum vitae for your kind consideration and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,
    [my name]

P.S. : There is no inconvenience in making myself available before the end of the training course.
    (Not a teacher)
    Wish you success.