Application cover letter, proofread please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwadi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi,

since you already helped me out before with my application documents I'm fully confident that you can help me again :-D

Here is a cover letter for an application as an intern. I would like to send it as soon as possible. A quick response would be really great.

Cheers,

Schwadi

Inquiry for a 6 months Compliance Management and Market Research internship starting February 2011

Dear Sir or Madame,

While researching internship opportunities at company xx, I noticed an opening for September in the field of Compliance Management and Market Research. I am writing to inquire about a possible internship starting February 2011, since I believe my profile and experience match the requirements of the opening.

In a highly competitive and regulated environment as the airline industry, building strong networks through alliances has become a critical factor. Ensuring the compliance of all member airlines is a core function in sustaining a strong position and image within the market.

I am currently in the 5th semester of my studies, completing a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Tourism, in Breda the Netherlands.
As part of my course ‘International Tourism and Travel Industry’, I gained valuable theoretical and practical experience in the field of airline management and research.

Developing analyses and translating these to strategies and recommendations, is an integral part of my study.

Being regularly confronted with complex problems and concepts, I developed strong analytical skills that allow me to analyze information, identify problems and create logical solutions. Furthermore, I developed a strong affinity to numbers.

Since my study is very project oriented while relying on students’ own initiative, I am used to working in international teams and at the same time able to work independently. I was able to further develop my interpersonal and intercultural skills during my exchange semester at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong.

Because of my interest and expertise in the tourism industry in general, and in the airline industry in particular, completing an internship at Scompany x as the world’s leading airline network is a great opportunity to apply my knowledge and to gain practical experience.

As a team-spirited and detail-oriented intern, I would like to support your team with my commitment, as well as my high initiative.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours faithfully,

Name

Address

Last edited:

Schwadi

Member Type
Student or Learner
I made one little change. Please please proofread asap :-?

thank you so much

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I would start 'Dear Sir or Madam'.

I can't see anything else wrong with it.

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.