Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Palestinian Territory
Current Location
Hungary
This Australian singer is fast at singing and he is famous for his comedic songs. He likes singing bare-foot with wild hair. Here is a clip in which you can listen to his speed in singing and to his connected speech features. I liked it. I hope you enjoy it.

Try to comment on his pronunciation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78XrI_2bPVA

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Doesn't it have one thread already?

I did enjoy it. I had troubles understanding some words though, especially those less common and/or intentionally mispronounced.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Palestinian Territory
Current Location
Hungary
I really encourage all of you to comment on this song. It is really interesting. Just comment on his pronunciation.

Munch

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Japan
Maybe I couldn't tell if I didn't already know but I think you can detect his Perth (Australia) accent. It has most features of a fairly strong Australian accent but with the occasional word pronounced in a "posh" British way. Like a lot of non-Americans singing in English he sings with American influences too, so it's hard to hear.

He also refers to "year 11 ball" which in New South Wales is called a "formal" and in America would be "the prom".

ETA: Sorry, just realized you said only comment on his vocabulary. I hope it is OK to extend this to his regional vocabulary too.

Status
Not open for further replies.