lindavasqueza is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default looking for help to dicuss my Motivation University Letter

D
    Last edited by lindavasqueza; 16-Oct-2010 at 23:03.

Rover_KE is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: looking for help to dicuss my Motivation University Letter

Welcome to the board, Linda.

Your letter is very good, needing little editing.

Always capitalise I.

Quote Originally Posted by lindavasqueza View Post
    Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is Linda Andrea Vasquez Andrade - originally from Colombia. I am hereby applying for entrance to the International and Monetary Economics master program at the University of Basel for the 2011 spring semester.

I appreciate this opportunity to provide further background information in support of my application. Currently, I am living in Zürich, Switzerland studying German Language at LSI [write out in full] school as my third language as well as helping me to further my career aspiration.

Since my early years, the question of my future university studies and then to hold my professional life was very important to me. Therefore, at the age of 17, when I finished my high school program, I decided to define what I would like to be in the future, that is how at the age of 18, I started my university degree in International Business at the Medellin University for a period of five years. However, when I was in my last semester of the university, (called Internship semester), I had an opportunity to change something: I took the very drastic step to go for English studies to London, United Kingdom. Since I moved there on my own, without any family members, I had to adapt myself for the new culture and language as quickly as possible, so my limited knowledge of the English language helped me a lot. Furthermore the situation made me very enthusiastic about foreign languages and international degree studies. Besides English studies for a year, I decided to spend one year more studying a Diploma in International Business studies which is my professional profile at Pearson College. It helped me to move on my studies as well as my language skills.

After spending two years studying in the U.K, I went back to Colombia to finish my internship semester in order to finish my university degree there and as it is known no education is complete without experience, I worked from 22th February to 11th June 2010 as exports and imports assistance in the Colombian company CODIMA S.A.

In July 2010, I successfully graduated from the university. I did not want to rest on what I had achieved, but decided to continue my professional master's education in a respected European university such as the University of Basel.

In conclusion I would like to say that in my opinion this program is the best way to achieve my professional goals. Due to its international aspect and very high standard of education, the university gathers different students from different countries, so the interaction during the study is very enriching and exactly what I am looking for. I am positive that the University of Basel would be an excellent start for an ambitious business career.

Thank you for considering my application as well as this letter,

Best Regards,

Linda Vasque
    Rover

lindavasqueza is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: looking for help to dicuss my Motivation University Letter

Thanks Rover for r help... Very usefull :)... i have already corrected it.... have a nice weekend...
    ;)