rambhu is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is it correct to write?

For your kind information, photo session is being conducted in access room at third floor. Please get your photo clicked for access card.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Is it correct to write?

Hi Rambhu,

Your sentence is not entirely correct, although I believe I understand your meaning. I would reword it to the following:

To obtain your access card, your photograph is required.
    Please proceed to Room (insert the # here) to have your photo taken.

Hope this helps, Eden.

rambhu is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Eden,

I agree with what you have written. Can you please let me know the errors in my sentences?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rambhu View Post
    Hi Eden,

I agree with what you have written. Can you please let me know the errors in my sentences?
    For your kind information, photo session is being conducted in access room at third floor. Please get your photo clicked for access card.

Hi Rambhu, the errors are minor, but I will list them below. I will use your sentence as you had written it originally.

You are missing an "article" before your noun - an article is a word that combines with a noun to indicate the type of reference being made by the noun. The articles in the English language are the, a, and an. As such, to make your sentence correct, you need to add an article in front of the nouns. I have highlighted below.

For your kind information, a photo session is being conducted in the access room on the third floor.
    You don't require the word "kind" in this context, as you are merely conveying information. The times you may consider using this word is when you want something in return. Example: I am submitting my resumé for your kind consideration. I cannot think of an instance where the term "kind information" is used.
    Please get your photo clicked
    for access card.
    In English, it is more proper to say "have" your photo taken rather than get your photo taken, so the last part of your sentence can be rewritten as: Please have your photo taken for your access card. You need the "your" in order to show the possessiveness of the card.
    As you can see, although the sentence is now correct, it is still awkward, and that is why I simplified the wording. My suggestion is when you are trying to give instruction to people, it is best to keep it short and simple. Hope this helps.