Academic
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hi Everybody! I'm new on this forum!
I'd like to know if anybody knows the level of english of the TOEFL exam comparing it with the level B2 of the FCE exam. In other words, is TOEFL exam more difficult than the FCE exam?
Thanks

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hi Everybody! I'm new on this forum!
I'd like to know if anybody knows the level of english of the TOEFL exam comparing it with the level B2 of the FCE exam. In other words, is TOEFL exam more difficult than the FCE exam?
Thanks

Try this: TOEFL Equivalency Table - TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS Score Comparison Chart

A student who took three exams, TOEFL computer, TOEFL internet and FCE at the same time, and gained 153-180 on the first would be expected to gain 53-64 on the second and to pass the third. This would depend on a number of external factors, and assumes that the student has been properly prepared for each exam.

It's not really a question of one exam being easier or more difficult than another.

Aeneus23

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Thanks very much for the answer!
The problem is that in the chart that you indicated to me, there is no written with how many scores each exam is considered passed. I have already passed FCE exam, and I would like to know whether I can also pass TOEFL with my level of English.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Thanks very much for the answer!
The problem is that in the chart that you indicated to me, there is no written with how many scores each exam is considered passed. I have already passed FCE exam, and I would like to know whether I can also pass TOEFL with my level of English.

My understanding is that there is no pass or fail with TOEFL (or IELTS). The score simply indicates the level you have reached.

Aeneus23

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
all right! thank you! I finally understood that!

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
can someone tell me about TOEFL and IELTS
Basically they are two internationally receognised tests. Many English language universities will accept students only if they have achieved specified scores in these tests (or other recognised ones). I suggest you google the terms to find out more - and there is a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.