Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Switzerland
"MYRA’s GM shall convene the meetings under specification of the subjects to be dealt with at least seven calendar days in advance."

Is it correct to use "under specification" as it is used above?

Thanks!

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
"MYRA’s GM shall convene the meetings, under specification of the subjects to be dealt with, at least seven calendar days in advance."

Is it correct to use "under specification" as it is used above?

Thanks!
It's an odd sentence, I honestly don't know about "under specification" as I'm not really sure what it's intended to mean, anyway it needs commas where I have put them. What's the difference between "seven days in advance' and seven calender days in advance"?

Allen165

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Switzerland
It's an odd sentence, I honestly don't know about "under specification" as I'm not really sure what it's intended to mean, anyway it needs commas where I have put them. What's the difference between "seven days in advance' and seven calender days in advance"?

It's intended to mean "by specifying the subjects to be dealt with." But substituting that for "under specification of the subjects to be dealth with" would't work:

"MYRA’s GM shall convene the meetings by specifying the subjects to be dealt with at least seven calendar days in advance."

Allen165

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Switzerland
Perhaps this would be better:

"MYRA’s GM shall convene the meetings, with information on the subjects to be dealt with, at least seven days in advance."

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
'Seven calendar days' makes it crystal clear that they're not talking about seven working days, in case any readers may be confused by the simple 'seven days'.

Rover

Allen165

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Switzerland
How about this?

"MYRA’s GM shall convene the meetings, indicating the subjects to be dealt with, at least seven calendar days in advance."

Status
Not open for further replies.