Do you think the prepositions are necessary in the following sentences?
- 1. Lecture on every Friday will be held at room 4.
2. This unique history is something that I am not sure of .
3. On whether she is coming or not ,we have to proceed to our journey .
4. This is the only book that I have to rely on for my research .
5. The writing skills are the are that students have to practise on .
1. The sentence is a little awkward. Try:
- A lecture will be held every Friday in room 4.
2. That one is fine.
3. Delete On. Also, it should be proceed with.
4. That one is fine. (The on in rely on is not a preposition but part of a phrasal verb. [Edit])
5. You don't need on at the end of that sentence.
- The writing skills are what students have to practise.
Any more questions?
- For Teachers