Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello everybody,

I would appreciate it if anyone can introduce some sites in which academic articles of undergraduate students are given permission to be published in journals.

Best regards
Ever student

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
In which area?

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Generally, only student newspapers will publish academic articles by undergrads. You have to have a degree (usually two, meaning also an M.A.) to publish in a "full" journal.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Generally, only student newspapers will publish academic articles by undergrads. You have to have a degree (usually two, meaning also an M.A.) to publish in a "full" journal.
Hi Tdol and Kon,
In linguistics and applied linguistics area.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Which newspapers accept undergraduate studentds' essays? Would you please introduce the given sites belong to those newspapers?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Yes, I agree with Konungursvia- you'd be hard-pressed to find a journal that would take an undergraduate paper in linguistics (as in most areas).

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
How about newspapers? Don't you know any newspaper to publish undergraduate students papers?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
How about newspapers? Don't you know any newspaper to publish undergraduate students papers?

No matter how you rephrase your question, the answer is going to be the same. No.

It is possible that an undergraduate's tutor might be so impressed by his/her pupil's work that he/she might offer to work on the paper so that it could be published as a joint paper, but it would be the senior person's name which came first at the top of the published article.

There are so many people with doctorates trying to get their work published, followed by tens of thousands with Master's degrees, that, frankly, no-one is interested in hearing what an undergraduate has to say.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

Newspapers would (almost) never publish any academic papers in the UK. I cannot recall ever seeing an academic paper in a British newspaper- they quote or write about controversial ones, and that is about it I think. I can't say for other English-speaking countries, but I would be surprised if the situation were very different.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Thanks for your hopeful words!

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Thanks for your hopeful words!
Rather than thinking about yourself as an undergraduate student, you might do better considering yourself a journalist with an interest in language. You won't be able to pass your papers off as academic (and I agree with others that that's unlikely anyway), but if you have an attractive style of writing and something interesting to say, you might get published.
Do you consider you know something about linguistics that is worth saying, and that people should know about? Have you done some original research? What's your motivation to want to be published? (All rhetorical questions).

Reactions: 5jj

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Rather than thinking about yourself as an undergraduate student, you might do better considering yourself a journalist with an interest in language. You won't be able to pass your papers off as academic (and I agree with others that that's unlikely anyway), but if you have an attractive style of writing and something interesting to say, you might get published.
Do you consider you know something about linguistics that is worth saying, and that people should know about? Have you done some original research? What's your motivation to want to be published? (All rhetorical questions).
Hi Raymott,

Thanks so much for your idea. I will try hard to find sth new. There is not a closed door.

Best regards,
E.S

Status
Not open for further replies.