Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Dear all,

I'm translating an audio and there is some missing word. I'll provide the context and if you can give me any suggestions, I'll be so grateful.

She is talking about people in America changing their minds:

"Weren't we cool at first with the British and then we ...... pony guns"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the relation bet. any pony guns and Americans and the british??

I'm still searching for somebody to send some very very short clips.It won't take time.

Thanks.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Dear all,

I'm translating an audio and there is some missing word. I'll provide the context and if you can give me any suggestions, I'll be so grateful.

"Weren't we cool at first with the British and then we ...... pony guns"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still searching for somebody to send some very very short clips.It won't take time.

Thanks.

Difficult without hearing it. Is it possible that it's not pony guns but something like ....p any guns/only guns ?

maiabulela

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Difficult without hearing it. Is it possible that it's not pony guns but something like ....p any guns/only guns ?

Can we exchange e-mails and I send you the part. It won't take you any time bec. it's you language but I'm wasting my time in vain here!:oops:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Can we exchange e-mails and I send you the part. It won't take you any time bec. it's you language but I'm wasting my time in vain here!:oops:

Sorry. Nothing personal at all:), but I keep my private email address completely separate from my UE life.

Ouisch

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear all,

Thanks.

It sounds as if the reference to the British may refer to the Revolutionary War, but "pony guns" doesn't sound right. Who is the speaker/what is the context?

Status
Not open for further replies.