I would like you to help me with my course project at Queens College by answer the following questions. Your answers will be completely anonymous, and your responses will not be matched in any way with your identity, your school, etc. Also, the data will not be published anywhere, since it is strictly for my course project. Your participation is completely voluntary, and you can choose not to answer any of the questions. Thanks in advance for your help.
Q1. Years in teaching: ________
Q2. Sex: M F
Q3. Your educational background (check one):
__ Associates Degree __ Bachelors Degree __ Masters Degree
__ Other (specify): _______________________________
Q4. Where do you currently live?
City _________________ State/Country _____________________
Q5. Please indicate the degree to which you agree with the following statement:
ďI think children needs to try things out, even if they donít inherently enjoy themĒ
1 2 3 4
Completely Disagree Somewhat Disagree Neither Agree nor Disagree Somewhat Agree Completely Agree
Q5b. Could you tell me why you feel this way?

Q6. Please describe a student you have taught in the past (or currently teaching), who appeared exceedingly bright yet did not perform well academically. What was s/he like? What made you think that s/he was bright? What are some of the reasons you can think of why s/he didnít perform well? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Q6b. In your opinion, what could a teacher ideally have done to help the child you described above in Q6? Why were you not able to do so (if applicable)?

Q7. How frequently do you incorporate physical activities in your academic instruction?
1 2 3 4 5
Never Rarely Sometimes Often Always

Q7b. Please indicate the reason for the frequency you reported above.

Q8. What language(s) do you use in instructing your students?
1 2 3 4 5
All English Mostly English English and Spanish Mostly Spanish All Spanish
Equally
Q9. Please indicate the degree to which each of the following factors impact your curriculum planning:

Scripts provided by the school
1 2 3 4 5
Not at all Slightly Somewhat Very much Definitely
Instructions given by your principal and other administrators
1 2 3 4 5
Feedback by the parents of your students
1 2 3 4 5
Your professional conviction
1 2 3 4 5
Not at all Slightly Somewhat Very much Definitely'